Babies are cute

Randomguy

8 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Very cute, so sych actually. True, never know about Doberman.

Dearie's brother who is decade younger....when he was a crawling baby, the large family dog stood over the baby barking loudly.  There was a snake. Dearie remembers clearly mother running outside to see the cause of commotion.  I'm not sure type of dog...it might have been a German Shepherd or lab.

15 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

I love dogs, but I'm not sure I would have  baby and Doberman at the same time.

Because they had the dog before the baby, and you don't give up another family member because you have a baby?

12 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

True, never know about Doberman.

Wtf are you guys on?  Dobermans are loyal as hell and protective as hell.  Geez, people.

Here is another I have posted before, btw, I just love this one:

1 minute ago, Randomguy said:

Because they had the dog before the baby, and you don't give up another family member because you have a baby?

Wtf are you guys on?  Dobermans are loyal as hell and protective as hell.  Geez, people.

Bred for too long to be attack dogs, not sure they can help it.  Don't get a Doberman if you think you might want kids - not that hard to plan ahead.

6 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

Bred for too long to be attack dogs, not sure they can help it.  Don't get a Doberman if you think you might want kids - not that hard to plan ahead.

It doesn't sound like you have had any contact with dobermans ever.  Super loyal, protective, smart dogs, they tend to make great family pets.  My dog was half shepherd, half doberman.

I don't think anyone has trained dobermans to be aggressive since the nazi's stopped doing it.

I found this on the Doberman forum

I am completely scared to death to let our doberman out of her cage now. Today Sophie lashed out and bit our son twice the second time drawing blood. This has never happened before, and they have always played together just fine, Every now and then she would get too rough and I would tell her no, kisses only and no biting. But this time she growled and bit his ear. I want to know what is wrong with her but her actions have caused us no choice. I cannot put my child's welfare in danger. Please let me know if you know of any reputable rescues in the MD area. I wish this didn't happen but it did and I CANNOT AND WILL NOT LET IT HAPPEN AGAIN!

4 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I found this on the Doberman forum

I am completely scared to death to let our doberman out of her cage now. Today Sophie lashed out and bit our son twice the second time drawing blood. This has never happened before, and they have always played together just fine, Every now and then she would get too rough and I would tell her no, kisses only and no biting. But this time she growled and bit his ear. I want to know what is wrong with her but her actions have caused us no choice. I cannot put my child's welfare in danger. Please let me know if you know of any reputable rescues in the MD area. I wish this didn't happen but it did and I CANNOT AND WILL NOT LET IT HAPPEN AGAIN!