is tartar sauce and underrated condiment?

bikeman564™

2 hours ago, groupw said:

Maybe the Dutch are right on this. They sell mayo with their fries. 

No maybe, it’s Devine!  I think the Belgians do this too buts it’s definitely a thing in Holland.

I seldom eat fried fish but I do like it with malt vinegar & tartar sauce.

2 hours ago, ChrisL said:

No maybe, it’s Devine!  I think the Belgians do this too buts it’s definitely a thing in Holland.

I seldom eat fried fish but I do like it with malt vinegar & tartar sauce.

Our foreign exchange student is from Holland. His family owns a fry shop in Albert Cuyp Market. They were the ones who said this was a thing to them. I just never got into it then. I don’t do the fried fish very often either. The one place in town that makes a decent fish and chips has hit or miss service. Not always worth the gamble!

I am a fan of tartar sauce, but also a fan of most condiments, so maybe I am a not too picky.  Russian, ranch, or blue cheese dressings or ketchup or various mustards are great. We just got a horseradish aioli I am itching to try out.  

image.png.dc519cd8ef73761736ac1facce8ab74b.png

Made in small batches with expeller-pressed canola oil, a bit of egg yolk, and plenty of garlic & horseradish, Trader Joe’s Horseradish Aioli is wonderfully zesty and packs a nice, nose-tingling punch. But its versatility is what makes it such a marvel. Serve it over vegetables or beef tenderloin. Spoon it onto a burger or a roast beef sandwich. Stir it into your mashed potatoes or mashed cauliflower. Use it as a dip for fries, shrimp, veggies, or even Fall Leaf Tortilla Chips.