I clicked on the market update 3x's today

Scrapr

and it showed the same result every time. Then I remembered it was a Holiday & market is closed. First 2 x's I was like Great! Another up day. The 3rd time I started getting suspicious. Wasn't both the Nasdaq & the Dow both up last Friday? Hmmm...

don't rely on me for your portfolio advice (or tracking apparently)

1 hour ago, Scrapr said:

and it showed the same result every time. Then I remembered it was a Holiday & market is closed. First 2 x's I was like Great! Another up day. The 3rd time I started getting suspicious. Wasn't both the Nasdaq & the Dow both up last Friday? Hmmm...

Well in Canada, TSX still functions today. I suppose tomorrow, things will be crazier.

18 hours ago, Scrapr said:

I thought it was closed, but on Yahoo Finance there was a link to an article entitled, "What are the market hours today?"

So I clicked and came to a page that linked to a Barron's article and it said, "Do we have reduced hours today?"

So I clicked and the Barron's article began, "The market is closed today."

Those sob's will do anything to get you to click!

It's a bad as when the forecast is for virtually no snow - and has been so for days - and the evening commercial for the TV News says, "How bad is the snow going to be tomorrow? Find out at 11."

Of course the news then says, virtually no snow.  Of course, every commercial for the news station ends, "Friends you can turn to!"

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2