Week one in the bag

goldendesign

So I start week two of the new lifestyle of eating. Last week went well. I ate a lot of legumes and veggies. I did have my one serving of meat on Friday in the form of a bacon cheeseburger, Though it tasted delicious it made my stomach mad at me until mid morning on Saturday.

I bought some veggie "meat" and some tofu "sausages" yesterday. I then made a meatless, no cheese italian sausage sub. Using tomato paste, onions, jalopenos, hungarian peppers, garlic, olive oil, and the tofu "italian sausage" links. Had a 5 grain baguette bread toaste with just mustard.

It was actually very good.

I can eat quite a bit of fish as well but don't usually like fish unless it is battered, deep fried, and served with tarter sauce. For dinner on Sunday I ate salmon filet that was prepared in a Turkish style. My wife asked her mother for a recipe that would be natural and limit the fishy taste in salmon. I was dubious, I actually detest salmon. 

Recipe was as follows: Olive oil, crushed garlic, dill, black pepper, chopped parsley, salmon. Let marinate for half hour then salt and oregano. Cook for 20 @ 400. Had broccoli with it. Was VERY good. didn't even have a fishy flavor. Fish was still firm but flaked out nicely in mouth.

20140706_202012.jpg

• Heart 1

Looks yummy except for all that green stuff!

good luck on week two. I have been cutting different types of meats out of my diet.. I have noticed that my stomach will not tolerate them anymore.

So far I feel fine. Being a meat eater is a large part of my prior diet. Now without such I am usually hungry. Like a low burn rather a full fledged hunger pain.

I snack with walnuts and veggies as my main dishes but sometimes it just doesn't wanna bite. 

While weight loss was secondary and a more regulated autoimmune was the primary, I am happy to report 1.5lbs lost since doctor weigh in.