Speaking of bankruptcy, our counter top supplier just closed down.

2Far

5 hours ago, 2Far said:

Big operation, multi-state, 1000 folks out of work. All this during a pretty good sized boom in the local housing market.

Company sends emails to employees during holiday break: We’re shutting down, don’t come back

My next door neighbor was a machinist closed to retirement, showed up for work, and the whole place was closed down and locked up. No severance, no pension, no nothing.

He was fortunate his wife was also close to retirement and with a good job and pension.

6 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

My next door neighbor was a machinist closed to retirement, showed up for work, and the whole place was closed down and locked up. No severance, no pension, no nothing.

He was fortunate his wife was also close to retirement and with a good job and pension.

My wife went to the fancy dress shop she worked at & there was an IRS notice on the glass & a chain & padlock on the door. That's what happens when the business doesn't pay payroll taxes.

3 hours ago, 2Far said:

My wife went to the fancy dress shop she worked at & there was an IRS notice on the glass & a chain & padlock on the door. That's what happens when the business doesn't pay payroll taxes.

If there is one thing not to kite checks on it's Payroll taxes. I'd cheat on my income taxes before Payroll taxes (allegedly) That is the main reason we have used a Payroll service for years. They just tell me how much and I make sure we have that much. Any question and i fwd to payroll service

• Heart 2