Great Holiday Weekend!

kingtermite

Yes indeed....I love it when you plan lots of things and they all come together without issues.

Friday (holiday from work): 

- Did 4K walk/run to support Seattle Humane Society

- Took the kayaks on Lake Washington

- Relaxed in evening with some Netflix

Saturday:

- Took the kayaks on Lake Washington

- Drove to a winery where my friend's Rolling Stones Tribute band (and 4 other tribute bands) were playing a show.

Sunday I was thinking of going for a bike ride, but I felt guilty that we'd had so much fun, but nothing got done and we had tons of stuff to get done around the house. So I opted get the wife motivated and start getting some stuff done at the homestead.

Sunday:

- Took Mycroft to the dog park

- Spend much of the rest of the day clearing garage and doing various overdue tasks.

Yup.....turned out to a fantastic weekend. And even constructive as we got some stuff done too.

How was your holiday weekend? 

Your weekend sounds great, KT.  Did you enjoy nice coffee too?

My weekend was really nice too.  Friday I went on a ride and rode like a beast.  I was feeling really good.  K and I watched fireworks with the mobs of people downtown.

Saturday, I rested the legs, cleaned my windows and made naan bread.

Sunday, I rode with my love and my bestie friends.  We rode one of my favorite rides.  It was hot.  The lava fields were insanely warm.  With all the rock, it felt like we were in a pizza oven.  Then, we had a BBQ at a friend's cabin.  

Ours was great too. Friday we did the necessary chores around home which included weeding the garden and mowing the lawn. Friday evening we went into town for dinner and to do some shopping. Saturday we did a 65 mile ride over to Canada and back. Sunday was Church in the morning then we just hung out in the gazebo most of the afternoon doing a little reading and some napping.

Friday I left the house a little after 6:00 and rode west to the Indiana border, it was 30 miles there.  On the way back I detoured up the Great Miami river to Hamilton to add ten miles to the trip.  70 miles with 1,674 feet of climbing.  Friday night we went to Loveland OH for dinner, a parade and fireworks.

Saturday, we ran errands: grocery store, home brew supplies, farm market for meat and hardware store for spray paint.  Made a yeast starter for Sunday's brewing and grilled brats, burgers and chicken wings.

Sunday, bike ride, 52 miles with 2,137 feet climbed, brewed a baltic porter and made beer-can chicken for dinner with roasted cauliflower, corn on the cob and cornbread.  Ended the day with a cigar and a glass of home brewed IPA.

• Heart 1

Spunds like you all had a great time... I'm glad the yaks made it out of the grass and into some water :)

We did a lot of "self rescue" practice. My wife struggles with this and to complete the class we need to do a few more in a class paddle. We have another class paddle next weekend.

We did a lot of "self rescue" practice. My wife struggles with this and to complete the class we need to do a few more in a class paddle. We have another class paddle next weekend.

That sounds like "purposely getting wet"

I used to try to avoid that.

That sounds like "purposely getting wet"

I used to try to avoid that.

Yes, but it was pretty hot so the water was nice and refreshing. OK....Saturday it was a bit colder and we were in the water longer, but still it wasn't bad. I was still hot by the time we got back. I was wearing neoprene on both top and bottom. My wife only has neoprene pants, so she didn't have any on top....she seemed OK though (she doesn't get cold very easily - that's what *I* do).