You can now pay $2000 for a bicycle fork.

Page Turner

25 minutes ago, Page Turner said:

...IDK, if you draw the imaginary line along the head tube down to the wheel axle, it looks less radical.

With it stuck out that far, think about what is happening when you turn the handlebars though.  It ends up being more radical on the handling than just a raked out tube angle because of how much it will move bike when you turn.  Plus you are extending your wheelbase which is going to affect handling and on a FS bike, your rear shock performance since the entire rear shock design and based off a certain wheelbase and approximate weight distribution (which is also affected since pushing the front tire out and lengthening the wheelbase will increase the load on the rear suspension).

That's my quick off the top of my head evaluation anyways.

45 minutes ago, Page Turner said:

...no really. And it's not even a collectible British Royal Family commemorative fork that is guaranteed to increase in value. :(

This is the Dave Weigle design right?  I have heard it’s performance is spot on but the price, weight & look are hard to overcome.

If they can get the price on par with Fox or RS top end forks it may do well.

1 minute ago, Indy said:

With it stuck out that far, think about what is happening when you turn the handlebars though.  It ends up being more radical on the handling than just a raked out tube angle because of how much it will move bike when you turn.  Plus you are extending your wheelbase which is going to affect handling and on a FS bike, your rear shock performance since the entire rear shock design and based off a certain wheelbase and approximate weight distribution (which is also affected since pushing the front tire out and lengthening the wheelbase will increase the load on the rear suspension).

You don't think they test rode it, do you!?!?!?!

1 minute ago, Indy said:

It’s been reviewed already as they came out with a short travel version a few years ago.  Check out MBGN I think they did a review.

One if the inherent design issues with a telescoping fork is the effective head tube angle changes as the fork compresses. This fork maintains the head tube angle throughout the stroke.  

5 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

It’s been reviewed already as they came out with a short travel version a few years ago.  Check out MBGN I think they did a review.

One if the inherent design issues with a telescoping fork is the effective head tube angle changes as the fork compresses. This fork maintains the head tube angle throughout the stroke.  

Yeah, this is compensated by your longer travel bike setups running a little more rake to compensate for the faster handling as your rake decreases under compression.  And that is the problem with this fork design, you would need a frame designed around it for it to work effectively.  So while the fork is expensive, to get the benefit out of it, you also need a frame designed around it, which will also be expensive due to the limited production of it.

And even with shorter travel, you still have an increase in wheelbase that is going adversely affect the bike.  I like the design, but it causes as many problems as it is trying to solve while significantly increasing the cost.  So that doesn't work in my book.