Who should I have been angry with?

Wilbur

Be happy with both..., the nurse (assuming the nurse was female) looked at you and felt that you were handsome and studly enough that you could have an attractive young girlfriend..., 

And the Doctor (if male) looked at the attractive young girl as a someone's daughter, instead of perving on her thinking she hooks up with older men and does freaky things for their money

• Heart 2

4 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

AAbbssoolluutteellyy.   DDoouubbllee vviissiioonn iiss ggoonnee.  

Good news.  How soon before you can fly again?  Don't be surprised if every now and then you get a sense of vision overload.  Perhaps it doesn't happen to everyone but for the first month or two I would get a strange feeling in a place like a brightly lit supermarket (american style) where all the colors and things would be a bit disorienting for a few seconds.  I think it was the muscles in my eyes trying to focus or adjust the lens that they no longer controlled.

Of course that could just be me as I'm disoriented much of the time anyway.  :whistle:

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, maddmaxx said:

Good news.  How soon before you can fly again?  Don't be surprised if every now and then you get a sense of vision overload.  Perhaps it doesn't happen to everyone but for the first month or two I would get a strange feeling in a place like a brightly lit supermarket (american style) where all the colors and things would be a bit disorienting for a few seconds.

Of course that could just be me as I'm disoriented much of the time anyway.  :whistle:

I am good to go now.   You are correct.  I went with the high definition, blue light and UV blocking lenses.  The bright lights in the supermarket are a shocker. 

23 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Quick question Wilbur.  Can you focus at the distance of your instruments or will you need to wear glasses.  Mine were progressives with a 0 prescription over my reading glasses to solve all my distance problems.

I need readers for close up stuff but just 1.45.  The instrument panel and further is crystal clear.  It is amazing.  :)  I could have gone the variable focus route but Transport Canada delays return to work another 6 months. 

• Awesome 1

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

To leave the hospital after cataract surgery, you need a responsible adult to drive.

After eye number one, the nurse assumed the attractive young female was my girlfriend.

After eye number two, the doctor assumed she was my daughter.  

I'm not sure but your wife should be really mad a you.....

• Heart 1

Good.  I needed a 2.5 for the readers and my work area was probably a bit closer than the instrument panel.  The real pain was working in the microscope on ckt boards.  I would have to put on my readers to find a part in the kit next to my hand and then take them off to go back into the scope. 

• Heart 1

23 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Good.  I needed a 2.5 for the readers and my work area was probably a bit closer than the instrument panel.  The real pain was working in the microscope on ckt boards.  I would have to put on my readers to find a part in the kit next to my hand and then take them off to go back into the scope. 

It is incredible technology but a long way from perfection.  

1 hour ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

As I understand it, those can be difficult with night driving. My wife went with two different focal lengths in each eye to avoid that. The brain learns to process the information.

Yeah, the downsides were colour definition and potential for light halo's so that ruled them out for me.  Readers for up close items is a small enough compromise for me.  95% of the time, I won't need glasses at all.  I am happy with the choice. 

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

7 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Yeah, the downsides were colour definition and potential for light halo's so that ruled them out for me.  Readers for up close items is a small enough compromise for me.  95% of the time, I won't need glasses at all.  I am happy with the choice. 

This whole thread was educational....for my partner who will be needing cataract surgery within next 12 months or so.  I passed the thread to him. :)