RIP Mr. Peanut

KrAzY

3 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

Yeah!  Like the new coke debacle. These Bozo corporations seem to think that change is good! :wacko:

Same thing happened to Jack in the Box. They actually blew up Jack in commercials and renamed the restaurants Monterey Jacks. Considered one of the worst advertising campaigns ever and sales fell. They had to go back to Jack in the Box quickly. 

6 hours ago, jdc2000 said:

You can never figure out where the marketing types get these ideas.

Safe to say this one came out of someone's azz.

But it you're buying Planters because of Mr Peanut, you're from a different era for sure.  I guess they just get rid of him from the packaging? 

image.png.7b3e68f403d3e20d8efc04f1f3a86ae1.png

One time in college we were watching Jeopardy and the Final category was announced as "advertising symbols" or some such. I quickly shouted out "Mr Peanut!" as it went to commercial. The stars were aligned that day because I was right. My prize was my friends throwing things at me. True story. 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, TrentonMakes said:

One time in college we were watching Jeopardy and the Final category was announced as "advertising symbols" or some such. I quickly shouted out "Mr Peanut!" as it went to commercial. The stars were aligned that day because I was right. My prize was my friends throwing things at me. True story. 

I almost got it right.  I think the final jeopardy catogory they gave before the commercial was "american cities."   I said, 'St Louis'.   The answer was "two american cities that..."  one was St. Louis.  I impressed myself.  Mrs. Silly gave me credit for being right.

• Heart 2