Retirement!

Parr8hed

16 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

God I wish.  

My mind has been in that realm lately.  

We are getting close.  4% draw just about covers all of our monthly expenses. We still need to cover the enormous gap caused by the insurance piece.  I think we can save enough to cover the 4% draw towards expensive monthly coverage. We will only need to work about 1/4 a year real soon.  

Around that time, we plan to meet you and stay for a short while, if you would sport us for a parking spot. 

• Heart 1

36 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

My mind has been in that realm lately.  

We are getting close.  4% draw just about covers all of our monthly expenses. We still need to cover the enormous gap caused by the insurance piece.  I think we can save enough to cover the 4% draw towards expensive monthly coverage. We will only need to work about 1/4 a year real soon.  

Around that time, we plan to meet you and stay for a short while, if you would sport us for a parking spot. 

We can easily cover our lifestyle with the 4% rule but what's stopping Wo46 from retiring is the cost of insurance. 

• Sad 1

54 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

We still need to cover the enormous gap caused by the insurance piece.

12 minutes ago, BR46 said:

what's stopping Wo46 from retiring is the cost of insurance. 

GRRRRRR.  This remains my biggest headache about planning for an early retirement.  It is stupendously awful. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, bikeman564™ said:

soon as G has enough money to buy his own bike chit :D

Once he and Em are in college I will at least cut back.  Maybe take some travel assignments and live out of the camper while still working a bit here and there.  

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Parr8hed said:

Once he and Em are in college I will at least cut back.  Maybe take some travel assignments and live out of the camper while still working a bit here and there.  

They just opened a small dialysis center in Miles City. Before that, folks in town and the surrounding area had to travel the 150 miles to Billings.

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

GRRRRRR.  This remains my biggest headache about planning for an early retirement.  It is stupendously awful. 

It isn't hard to estimate most living costs like housing, food, transportation, utilities, entertainment/travel etc.  You may not me dead nuts on, but you can make a reasonable guess even 20 years out how much you'll be spending.  The wildcard is medical expenses.  It is impossible to estimate those.

1 hour ago, Razors Edge said:

Man! I have 2,300 or so to go!

Wife keeps asking me "When are you going to retire". 

I am probably -900. Didn't really retire, just keep piddling around on my own schedule. Realtor license comes up for the 2 year renewal in Sept, and may just let it go. It is not the 60 bucks for the license but the various local and national organization dues, MLS fees, electronic key, legal malpractice insurance totally over $1000 a year. Sure, one sale covers it, but just grinds on me.

I am working on something to do in photography, though, for a little extra money.

• Heart 1

6 hours ago, BR46 said:

We can easily cover our lifestyle with the 4% rule but what's stopping Wo46 from retiring is the cost of insurance. 

Same here.  With womaxx a two time winner in the cancer sweepstakes and me retired she's working an extra year just to keep the good school insurance going.

• Sad 1

Wo46 and I were talking about sitting down with a insurance agent and get a final cost for the coverage for us. I know that she was talking about working part time just to keep busy and since we have a few years before social security would kick in it would help offset the insurance cost. 

When we sit down with the insurance agent do we tell them about our hobby or keep quiet.  I suggested that we keep quiet about it.