it's Thursday

bikeman564™

3 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

Hope its a good one :) counting down the days to employment again.

I have my "back to work interview" at 10 this morning. Not sure what this nurse will make me do.

If you get hurt at work they will put you on light duty even with a bloody stump for a leg, get hurt at home and they want you 100%

I've never met this nurse, no idea what to expect

• Heart 2

4 minutes ago, Further said:

I have my "back to work interview" at 10 this morning. Not sure what this nurse will make me do.

If you get hurt at work they will put you on light duty even with a bloody stump for a leg, get hurt at home and they want you 100%

Good luck. My surgery wasn't work related, so I just show up next Wednesday, sit at my desk, drink coffee, and do TPS reports.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Further said:

Unless you know you did something outside of work that injured you it would have been a good idea to contact a workman’s comp attorney before you settled for short term disability. Probably too late now but as long as they let you come back to work it will be ok. You most likely did injure yourself at work knowing the kind of work you do. I don’t believe in playing the system but you know your injury was most likely work related but couldn’t put an exact moment when this happened.  The main thing is if you don’t fully recover there is a big difference between workman’s comp and disability coverage. Praying that your interview will go great and you can get back to work.

• Heart 1

6 minutes ago, jsharr said:

I wore fancy dress up clothes to work.  Khakis and a buttondown shirt and socks that match.  Even a belt with a shiny buckle.

I get to go to an awards dinner right after work for some of the adult volunteers of our troop.

Wow you are going all out, even matching socks. It’s nice they show appreciation for their volunteers.

1 minute ago, Longjohn said:

Wow you are going all out, even matching socks. It’s nice they show appreciation for their volunteers.

Tomorrow night I will go to a Scout Shabbat service honoring all the Jewish Scouts in our area.  For that one I will be in full Scout uniform, again, with matching socks.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Further said:

Well that was easy, just had to sign a form that I'm ready to work. Don't know why they expect me to start now...

I probably should have pushed to get it classified as a work injury, I would get a "gold card" with weight restrictions and other protections. I also would not be allowed to work overtime, which may be good or bad depending.... I have enough seniority to work weekends when I want and take them off when I want.

• Awesome 1