Texans in Winterwonderland

jsharr

1 minute ago, dennis said:

Yay Ely!!! Great place. Gateway to the Boundary Waters. Highest concentration of wolves in the lower 48. Home of the Steger Center.

I used to stay at the Paddle Inn. I did a bikepacking trip there too. 

Are they riding dogsleds with Wintergreen sled dog tours? 

I know none of the details, but they will make a presentation to the troop and I will report back.   Our troop sends Scouts to things like this on a frequent basis.  Sea Base in Florida for sailing and scuba.  Norhtern Tier for winter treks and canoe treks.

My youngest is going to Philmont Scout Reservation in New Mexico this summer for an 11 day horseback trek into the back country.   We have some training to do locally and will be doing some back country camping and horse back riding in preparation for it this spring.

• Heart 1

56 minutes ago, jsharr said:

A few of our scouts headed off to Northern Tier National HIgh Adventure Base in Ely, Minnesota for Okpik.

Here are a few pics.  Will get to hear about their adventure at the upcoming Scout meeting and Court of Honor.

I hope @smudge and @Digital_photog and @dennis and all you other frozen forumites like this.

IMG_8342.JPG

IMG_8343.JPG

IMG_8358.JPG

IMG_8357.JPG

IMG_8359.JPG

0EC3AB65-449C-43F9-9007-B682FD851FD5.jpeg.jpg

1F53F181-A80F-4581-833E-13C6B110159B.jpeg.jpg

DAA75CA3-07FF-4294-ACF2-DBD7EE841D37.jpeg.jpg

IMG_6791.MOV.jpg

IMG_8360.JPG

216F0CC9-92A4-4448-8446-90E593731900.jpeg.jpg

97E4C04C-D019-47B2-9F9E-0D3EEFF6677B.jpeg.jpg

do you know what outfitter they went with for the sled dog trip?  Could well be someone I know.

7 hours ago, jsharr said:

I know none of the details, but they will make a presentation to the troop and I will report back.   Our troop sends Scouts to things like this on a frequent basis.  Sea Base in Florida for sailing and scuba.  Norhtern Tier for winter treks and canoe treks.

My youngest is going to Philmont Scout Reservation in New Mexico this summer for an 11 day horseback trek into the back country.   We have some training to do locally and will be doing some back country camping and horse back riding in preparation for it this spring.

Dang!!! May I please be a scout in your troop??

• Haha 1