Sunday IB

Digital_photog

10 minutes ago, Digital_photog said:

New to me. Have used this sled.  Will pick it up in Newberrym MI  Feb 13 on the way to the UP200.  I was trying to get a new one in time for the UP200 and Copper Dog but it wasn't going to happen.  A friend sold me hers.

83598240_10212076327742743_4005667498761388032_n.thumb.jpg.7c8a63d9176cc2884cba3768f41f065a.jpg

I bet @donkpow would consider taking on a new project once his trailer work is completed. I bet many of the techniques he is currently employing & mastering with the trailer endeavor will map perfectly to a sled build project.

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I bet @donkpow would consider taking on a new project once his trailer work is completed. I bet many of the techniques he is currently employing & mastering with the trailer endeavor will map perfectly to a sled build project.

You think he could build a flexible sled that steers good, strong enough to hold together andstill be light enough to win races?

Sleds like bikes have special uses.  The one with the red bag would be like a 1970s or 80s touring bike.  Black bag in that picture would compare to a cheap light weight road or racing  bike.  The new one would compare to a a higher tech light touring or gravel racing bike.  I don't have a high end carbon sprint sled or a heavy carbon distance sled.  The new one is what you would see a competitive team using in the mid-distance 50 to 300 mile races. It would be hard to carry the required load for a 1000 mile race on it.

• Heart 1

Also with the brake it has I don't feel comfortable using the light one with the black bag for more than 4 strong   dogs although some do run 6 with that sled.  I have already run 12 on the red one and 18 the time I used the new one. I had 300 lbs of dog food in the bag to help keep it under control when running 18

Black sled weighs 23 lbs.  the other 2 are 28 lbs