Christian Vande Velde

Road Runner

Paul Sherwin rode for Sean Kelly for years

Bobke not only rode for 7 Eleven, but didn't he also train with Lance after his cancer and get him ready for the 1999 Tour?

For me, I like Phil and Paul together. Phil is just the voice of cycling for me.

I've been impressed with him too. Agree it's good to have someone well spoken who can comment on the recent goings on.

I think he was trying to be very diplomatic, PC, however you want to say it about the crash; but I did get the impression he felt Cav was at fault.    (Hell, look at the video; how does anyone think he WASN'T at fault?!)

I've been impressed with him too. Agree it's good to have someone well spoken who can comment on the recent goings on.

I think he was trying to be very diplomatic, PC, however you want to say it about the crash; but I did get the impression he felt Cav was at fault.    (Hell, look at the video; how does anyone think he WASN'T at fault?!)

for sure it appeared Cavendish made an overly aggressive move.. to me.  Pro cyclists might say it is a somewhat normal practice, and Cavendish was over the line.

I agree with you.  I think that CVV tried to hint that he thought it was Cav's fault, but felt it was not his place to throw Cav under the bus.

of course Cav wanted to win. Home ground with the Prince of Wales at the finish? He was doing everything he could, he took a huge risk, and now he's out of the Tour. That's bike racing.

I caught some of CVV tonight. I liked him. I always did, actually. I thought he did great interviews when he was riding, but its nice to see him in the booth this year.

Generally, I can't stand the morans NBC sticks in the broadcast booth, but I like Christian Vande Velde