What’s a good plant for an office with no natural light?

Forum Administrator

I had an office assistant with a green thumb. She previously worked in the State Attorneys office and they would bring her plants and  say "Keep this alive." People would come into her office and their eyes would bug out as they saw the lush plants and say nothing as they smirked. She was oblivious untul she realize it was evidence as they periodically removed them from her office.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Haha 2

Lighting can make a big difference. If the plant can't get enough natural sunlight, then the next best thing is florescent lighting. CFL bulbs are good and you can buy some special grow light bulbs. Neither LED nor old fashioned incandescent bulbs are good for growing. LED bulbs have too narrow of a frequency although you can buy LED grow bulbs which are an array of bulbs with different colors.

A couple of months ago they swapped out the florescent bulbs in my office to LED bulbs. A few of the plants not near windows are starting to show it.

WoJSTL says that aloe and philodendrons (as mentioned by @Longjohn) don't need much light.

10 hours ago, Forum Administrator said:

My outdoor wildflower garden is amazing, but I cannot grow a house plant to save my life. Any suggestions to improve the stale air in my office?

Add a sunroom to your office. You might want to make it big enough for a hot tub too. The plants love the moisture.

009EC3BD-BF00-45FE-96A1-AD44537B3133.thumb.jpeg.0ee5e8db803dae03d6af046b201ef75a.jpeg