Correction?

donkpow

The financial media wants us to think it always knows why the market, oil, etc. moves as it does.  The meeting of editors and reporters each morning must laugh like hell some days when the scam us with their latest "reasons."

They've been blaming the recent drop on the new cases of coronavirus in the USA, but a handful of cases isn't enough!

I tend to only replaced 0-3 stocks in my portfolio each year - when their fundamentals change or something I discover makes me want to change. I keep 12 diverse stocks only or else it will take me too much time to keep track of them. Since the 1990's, I've owned and added to Abbott Labs (ABT), AbbVie (ABBV, spun off ABT in 2013), Cracker Barrel Old Country Store (CBRL), and T. Rowe Price Communications and Technology Fund (PRMTX).  They represent about 40% of my portfolio.

Up through 2014, my portfolio averaged about 2% better than the S&P 500.  Since then I've trailed the S&P 500 by about 2% per year but my P/E's haven't bubbled like the S&P 500 though eps growth is as good.