I'm not going to complain

BR46

1 minute ago, Longjohn said:

Owl bet she does well on tips. She probably brought them the change from a large bill they paid their tab with and they left a nice tip as well as those coins. I never pick up the coins either.

I leave dollars and take the change, I've got a few jars of coins as my emergency fund    :lol:

5 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

Owl bet she does well on tips. She probably brought them the change from a large bill they paid their tab with and they left a nice tip as well as those coins. I never pick up the coins either.

This is a small town so it's the same people on the same days in the same bars sitting on the same bar stools. 

8 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

the change from a large bill they paid their tab

What is strange to people who are not from this area is you just put your money on the bar and the bar tender takes what ever they need. So you pay every time they bring you a drink. 

People will leave their cell phones and money on the bar while they are in the back room gambling to reserve their bar stool. Sometimes someone will walk in and the bar tender will pickup the phone and money and move it to another seat at the bar. 

Behind the counter at the downtown convenience store are keys for several bars so the beer delivery guys will get the keys and make their delivery even if the bar is closed. 

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, BR46 said:

This is a small town so it's the same people on the same days in the same bars sitting on the same bar stools. 

What is strange to people who are not from this area is you just put your money on the bar and the bar tender takes what ever they need. So you pay every time they bring you a drink. 

That’s the way it is in the dive bars and to bars you go to when you get off work. That doesn’t work very well when you use your debit card.

23 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

That’s the way it is in the dive bars and to bars you go to when you get off work.

This is all the bars in town. ...we have to go to the next town over for the fancy taverns. 

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BR46 said:

This is all the bars in town. ...we have to go to the next town over for the fancy taverns. 

That would be all the bars in Jackson center (5 miles from my house). I hit those on the return from my bike rides. One is a biker bar but the Harley riders don’t have a problem with a seventy year old cyclist in spandex. The fancy ones are in Mercer ten miles away. They also have the dive bars. We lost a real nice brew house in Mercer. They opened and went out of business in six months. Evidently they didn’t have enough business to stay open. The owner poured a crapton of money into that place. It’s been for sale for over two years now.

• Sad 2

25 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

That would be all the bars in Jackson center (5 miles from my house). I hit those on the return from my bike rides. One is a biker bar but the Harley riders don’t have a problem with a seventy year old cyclist in spandex. The fancy ones are in Mercer ten miles away. They also have the dive bars. We lost a real nice brew house in Mercer. They opened and went out of business in six months. Evidently they didn’t have enough business to stay open. The owner poured a crapton of money into that place. It’s been for sale for over two years now.

The darn lawyers from the county courthouse didn;t do their part!

• Haha 1