OK, so I just turned 64, and ...

Ralphie

1 minute ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

Your move was a nice thing, wasn;t it?  Lots of work, but a nice change of scenery?

If you mean my house move, in real life.

Yes. Better in every way. Mrs. Further had some reservations and fears, I did too for that matter. But it is much better for both of us.

From our bedroom window we have a view of a hillside with a dozen or so houses. She has named one the "Christmas Tree House" any guesses as to why ?

• Heart 1

4 minutes ago, Further said:

If you mean my house move, in real life.

Yes. Better in every way. Mrs. Further had some reservations and fears, I did too for that matter. But it is much better for both of us.

From our bedroom window we have a view of a hillside with a dozen or so houses. She has named one the "Christmas Tree House" any guesses as to why ?

Tree still up and lit!

2 hours ago, JerrySTL said:

When I was around 61 I started using different glasses for computer work. I've been wearing glasses since I was 18.

I’ve been wearing glasses forever.  A few years ago, started wearing bi-focal glasses without the line between the different lenses.  A few months ago I was told in about 5 years (more or less) I’ll need cataract surgery.  

I had 3 or 4 recent gout flare ups.   My guess, too much holiday beer.

I can’t wait to see what happens when I turn 65, other than starting Medicare….

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 1

1 hour ago, Bikeguy said:

I’ve been wearing glasses forever.  A few years ago, started wearing bi-focal glasses without the line between the different lenses.  A few months ago I was told in about 5 years (more or less) I’ll need cataract surgery.  

It took me a while to adjust to progressive, but I like them now.

• Heart 1

8 hours ago, Bikeguy said:

Take allopurinol for the gout. Costs about a dollar a month. No more pain. Ever. No side effects. That I’m aware of. Still drink all the holiday beer you want ?

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Bikeguy said:

Cataract surgery will revolutionize your life.  Look forward to it.