There will be no waffles today

Airehead

7 minutes ago, Airehead said:

Well, saved at the last minute. I found a small stash of syrup and made a blueberry syrup to supplement. Mr. Aire is as cranky as a bear with a sore ass today so hopefully this will help. He is NOT a good patient. Fever down to 100 but he still feels like crap. 

I had forgotten the cranky part after the plane crash- guess I was just glad he was still alive. Today, I hope he falls back to sleep soon.   He thinks he should be working on a dry wall repair that Paulie created the need for. ReAlly man, how about you wait until the fever goes away. 

He doesn’t have the Corona Virus, I hope. Has he been drinking Mexican beer with limes in it? A telltale sign. 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Airehead said:

We are out of syrup!  I am going to make a casserole with a side of pineapple. 

That's fine, my kids like just butter on theirs.  Reddiwhip if you got it too.

• Heart 1

I like real maple syrup. Fortunately many people make it in the Yoop, so it's always available somewhere. 

Hmm, maybe I should make a bunch of blueberry waffles and freeze them. Would be fun to munch on them as I am panking my trail at camp knowing I picked those berries in the same area I am panking! (Of course I would thaw and warm the waffles before heading out to pank and munch!)

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Airehead said:

Well, saved at the last minute. I found a small stash of syrup and made a blueberry syrup to supplement. Mr. Aire is as cranky as a bear with a sore ass today so hopefully this will help. He is NOT a good patient. Fever down to 100 but he still feels like crap. 

I had forgotten the cranky part after the plane crash- guess I was just glad he was still alive. Today, I hope he falls back to sleep soon.   He thinks he should be working on a dry wall repair that Paulie created the need for. ReAlly man, how about you wait until the fever goes away. 

Speaking of Mr. Aire, how is the househusband thing working out?  Is he going to make that permanent?

9 minutes ago, 2Far said:

Speaking of Mr. Aire, how is the househusband thing working out?  Is he going to make that permanent?

So far it still feels like vacation.  He has had a couple companies come knocking but with the upcoming heart surgery, he is not making any decisions. 

4 minutes ago, smudge said:

I like real maple syrup. Fortunately many people make it in the Yoop, so it's always available somewhere. 

Hmm, maybe I should make a bunch of blueberry waffles and freeze them. Would be fun to munch on them as I am panking my trail at camp knowing I picked those berries in the same area I am panking! (Of course I would thaw and warm the waffles before heading out to pank and munch!)

I have been known to take homemade blueberry waffles out of the freezer as I head out early morning to go kayaking or to a cycling event. I end up chomping on them on the drive while they are still partially frozen. They are not bad that way.

• Heart 2