It is a wonder that anyone buys anything at newegg.com after reading the reviews

Ralphie

It's about knowing how to read the reviews.

Some people give a bad review for a damaged box, or a DOA unit.  News flash --there's *always* going to be a small percentage of DOA units.  Some due to poor shipping.  Some not DOA, but due to lack of technical knowledge.

Some people give a bad review for not doing their homework.  "What, you mean it doesn't have feature X?"  Hey doofus --did it claim to have feature X?  Did you do any research?  If it claims to and then doesn't do it, or does it badly, then it's fair.  If you didn't read, well, sucks to be you.

I usually read the Amazon reviews along with NewEgg.  Less teenager-style reviews.  Also, a lot of stuff on NewEgg can be gotten cheaper at Amazon or B&H Photo (bhphoto.com) so you should always check all three sources.

• Heart 1

It's about knowing how to read the reviews.

Some people give a bad review for a damaged box, or a DOA unit.  News flash --there's *always* going to be a small percentage of DOA units.  Some due to poor shipping.  Some not DOA, but due to lack of technical knowledge.

Some people give a bad review for not doing their homework.  "What, you mean it doesn't have feature X?"  Hey doofus --did it claim to have feature X?  Did you do any research?  If it claims to and then doesn't do it, or does it badly, then it's fair.  If you didn't read, well, sucks to be you.

I usually read the Amazon reviews along with NewEgg.  Less teenager-style reviews.  Also, a lot of stuff on NewEgg can be gotten cheaper at Amazon or B&H Photo (bhphoto.com) so you should always check all three sources.

^^^^this

I constantly see bad product reviews because reseller didn't ship on time or other issues unrelated to product.