Welcome To Square Wheels Cycling: roadsue

Welcome Bot

Summer vacation is excellent!  Thanks for asking.  I have two interviews this morning for high school positions.  <a little bit eek> 

Good luck...and don't forget to wear pants!!!

Your pants, not your interviewer's pants.

Your pants, not your interviewer's pants.

I wore not mine own nor my interviewer's pants.  I was pantsless, as is my priviledge. My shoes were especially sweet.  

It's all in the hands of destiny, now.  

• Heart 1

I interviewed at two high schools looking for English teachers. I've been teaching 8th grade for 20 years and decided it's time to try for a classroom and curriculum closer to my original training and expertise.  One of the schools is especially interested in me as a sponsor for their speech and debate team since I was nationally competitive in high school and college.  But I don't think they were impressed by my answer to the question of "what is your process for managing disruptive students."  It seems they have qualms about jackbooted thuggery.  ;)

I interviewed at two high schools looking for English teachers. I've been teaching 8th grade for 20 years and decided it's time to try for a classroom and curriculum closer to my original training and expertise.  One of the schools is especially interested in me as a sponsor for their speech and debate team since I was nationally competitive in high school and college.  But I don't think they were impressed by my answer to the question of "what is your process for managing disruptive students."  It seems they have qualms about jackbooted thuggery.  ;)

Ya, classrooms were a bit different in my day when the teacher roamed the isles dragging a 5 foot paddle with 3/4 inch holes drilled through it. So this leads to my next question.  You were nationally competitive at both the high school and collage level in debate and MrSue still married you?  :scratch head: