Got to keep the promise I made...

KrAzY

You're lucky the school didn't implement a "no tolerance" policy and punish your kid.

The courts and the parents have made it extremely hard for the schools to NOT discipline a kid with a history of great behavior for a gray-area behavior, because they then get sued by parents of habitually bad behavior kids for being suspended or expelled for a similar behavior - where the circumstances are often much different.

That is what has led to the "no tolerance" policies in many schools where, thanks to the courts and the parents, they have to apply harsh, undeserved punishments to the good kids for minor infractions.

11 hours ago, MickinMD said:

That is what has led to the "no tolerance" policies in many schools where, thanks to the courts and the parents, they have to apply harsh, undeserved punishments to the good kids for minor infractions.

That is the kind of sissified whiner crap that is leading good teachers to leave the profession and take up a new career. My wife’s nurse taught school for 11 years before getting completely fed up with their nonsense politics. He now is a hospice RN and loves his job.

• Heart 1

18 hours ago, KrAzY said:

I told my son if he ever uses Jujitsu for beating someone up and starting fights he is grounded for life. But if he uses it to stop fights I will back him up 100% at school and he is not in trouble.. 

so there were three kids at lunch in his school today that he sits with. One has a disability and is in a wheelchair. One of the asshole kids was picking on him and slapped him in the arm a few times. Another kid at the table got up and tried restraining the asshole kid by holding his arms. My son figured if he got his hands free there would be a bigger fight. So my son walked behind him, and basically choked the asshole kid out and restraining him until a teacher could come. 

the assistant principal called and asked if we had a few minutes to talk.. said he watched the video and didn’t see anything really wrong with what my son did, and he is not in trouble but wants to know why if one kid was holding his hands, why did he feel the need to choke home out.. 

during the conversation the assistant principal was laughing because my son is well behaved and doesn’t even talk to the teachers because he is so shy. This was out of character for him to do this, but was happy he stuck up for his friends... 

oh the joys of parenthood!!! 

I want a copy of that video from the schools security cameras!

Been there multiple times this year because my son feels like he has to defend everyone since he's one of the biggest in the class.

Though only had to talk to the vice principal once after my son decked a kid because he would not stop pestering him, of course that was after he told the substitute teacher who ignored him, asked to go talk to another teacher, asked to go talk to the resource teacher, all denied, so he decked the kid.

I told Graham he's not to hit kids, and then told the Vice Principal that he tried everything he was told to do first and was denied help with the situation.  So he was forced to deal with it himself.  She said we would be hearing back from her, we never did, he never got in trouble for it.

But he did learn not to punch kids, since he just ties them up and holds them down to either they calm down a teacher comes to take over, all the kids back him up so he hasn't gotten into trouble since he's the peacekeeper, just a rather physical one.  Of course my favorite was the kid at lunch that was causing trouble, so Graham went over and just sat on him.  He's over 5 foot now and probably somewhere around 120lbs, there isn't a kid in his school that wants to mess with him and most now stop when they see him coming.  Though I've told him next year he can't do that since he will be in Junior high and the kids might be bigger.

• Heart 1

13 hours ago, MickinMD said:

You're lucky the school didn't implement a "no tolerance" policy and punish your kid.

The courts and the parents have made it extremely hard for the schools to NOT discipline a kid with a history of great behavior for a gray-area behavior, because they then get sued by parents of habitually bad behavior kids for being suspended or expelled for a similar behavior - where the circumstances are often much different.

We had a situation like that once with my kid.  He was kinda unusual as he was a jock but all of his close friends are gamer nerds.  One of his gamer nerd friends was getting beat up by football kid my son hated so he broke it up and  cleaned football kids clock in the process 

Police got called, due to the zero tolerance rule son got a suspension but Vice Principle coordinated all of his school work.  Football kid got kicked out of the school.  Parents of football kid wanted to press charges, police didn’t pursue it but did press charges against football kid for beating up my sons friend.

I heard they filed a hate crime as his friend is Jewish and football kid was making heil hitler signs between beat downs. 

• Sad 1

I saw some notes and heard a few rumors about my daughter taking out a bully for another girl who was getting pretty regularly picked on.  Never heard a word from teachers or the principal.  Our family was pretty well known at the school, so I'm guessing they just let justice be served.

6 hours ago, Indy said:

Been there multiple times this year because my son feels like he has to defend everyone since he's one of the biggest in the class.

Though only had to talk to the vice principal once after my son decked a kid because he would not stop pestering him, of course that was after he told the substitute teacher who ignored him, asked to go talk to another teacher, asked to go talk to the resource teacher, all denied, so he decked the kid.

I told Graham he's not to hit kids, and then told the Vice Principal that he tried everything he was told to do first and was denied help with the situation.  So he was forced to deal with it himself.  She said we would be hearing back from her, we never did, he never got in trouble for it.

But he did learn not to punch kids, since he just ties them up and holds them down to either they calm down a teacher comes to take over, all the kids back him up so he hasn't gotten into trouble since he's the peacekeeper, just a rather physical one.  Of course my favorite was the kid at lunch that was causing trouble, so Graham went over and just sat on him.  He's over 5 foot now and probably somewhere around 120lbs, there isn't a kid in his school that wants to mess with him and most now stop when they see him coming.  Though I've told him next year he can't do that since he will be in Junior high and the kids might be bigger.

My son is a max of 4'8" and around 85 pounds. All the kids know he is strong and pure mussel because of his training.. no one messes with him, and he has learnt not to be the one to start anything.. I have told him to always try and defuse the situation first.. if all else fails... let them swing and then knock them out. If his hands are above his waist at anytime before the fight starts... I will not be behind his side. 

He told the VP that he did try to talk it out and get the kid to stop.. the kid basically told him to go piss off... another kid tried to hold the kids hands because he was slapping a freaking paraplegic .... kid being held said "if I get free you are next... My son in his head said... nope ya not hurting my friend and did what he was taught.. 

Because this happened at school.. we are obligated to tell his coaches about the situation.. they heard his story, contacted the school, and all is good.. he does not need to stop classes.. which is good because last week he because an assistant teaching coach. 

• Heart 1

4 hours ago, 12string said:

I saw some notes and heard a few rumors about my daughter taking out a bully for another girl who was getting pretty regularly picked on.  Never heard a word from teachers or the principal.  Our family was pretty well known at the school, so I'm guessing they just let justice be served.

I ride for Bikers again Bullying. I have been to many of rides were we get about 30 motorcycles to go to the school and give the kid that is having an issue a fun day. 
The bully came up to me at one of these rallies and tried talking shit... I kneeled down and Looked the kid in the eye while wearing my helmet and gloves with metal knuckles and said "I am Aidens friend, these are all Aidens friends... if you bother Aiden again, make him cry, or anything... we will have to come visit you." 
The look was of an OH CRAP! the kid went running to his mom.. I screamed out have a good day at school, and three of us waved... I'm not sure if that kid will ever be the same.. 

• Awesome 1

Way back in the day, I was on a soccer team.  I think it might have been 8th grade.  at about 4 foot 9 and 18 pounds, I was a true geek and sucked at soccer.  Got my share of bullying at school.  One particular game, a particular opponent was roughing me up, cause it was easy and fun.  One of my teammate, a rather large 8th grader who was one of my in school tormentors, finally had enough, ran across the field and blew the kid up.  Got tossed from the game.  And never bullied me again.

• Heart 3