Do you know

Gump

Listen, we all have limited memory.  Experts tell us that we only use 10% of our brain... hogwash.

I know there is just so much space up there and the amount of space seems to be getting smaller every year.  So why would I want to clog that space up with useless crap like my license plate number.  The last time I needed to know my license plate number was, well............... I can't remember.  Just more evidence of useless information.  I do remember that when I have needed to know the number I walked behind the car and.............. there it was.  I think it's still there.

I remember WoW’s because it matches our house number. 
I remember the last 4 of my work car because we have a few near identical vehicles in the fleet. 
I used to remember my pickup, but it changed a couple years ago and I don’t now. 
I don’t remember the Miata’s, but if they call out about a red Miata, I will probably be on my feet before they read the plate number!

Back in the olden days with the credit cards that were run manually they always put your vehicle license number on the slip. I was driving home from a Florida vacation and stopped for gas. A kid that appeared to be about junior high age pumped my gas. He told me to write my plate number on the slip. I told him I didn’t remember it but it’s on the plate on the back of the car. The kid disappeared and several minutes later a mechanic crawled out from under a car he was working on. Washed the grime off his hands and came out and wrote the plate number down. I felt bad after that, I could have walked around the car and wrote it down. I couldn’t believe this country still had people that were illiterate. I wonder how he did with people that paid in cash?

4 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

Back in the olden days with the credit cards that were run manually they always put your vehicle license number on the slip. I was driving home from a Florida vacation and stopped for gas. A kid that appeared to be about junior high age pumped my gas. He told me to write my plate number on the slip. I told him I didn’t remember it but it’s on the plate on the back of the car. The kid disappeared and several minutes later a mechanic crawled out from under a car he was working on. Washed the grime off his hands and came out and wrote the plate number down. I felt bad after that, I could have walked around the car and wrote it down. I couldn’t believe this country still had people that were illiterate. I wonder how he did with people that paid in cash?

This is how I know mine, or knew mine.   You would go to the gas station, fill up, attendant would walk out, read the pump, slide some numbers on a credit card imprinter and then make an impression of our charge card on a carbon receipt.  You had to put your license plate down for some reason.  I guess to prove it was you or was not you?

I think they kept an account and dad paid it each month, not even sure it was a credit card.  Not sure about this.

10 minutes ago, 2Far said:

The brain has a lot more capacity than you would think. Dr. Ben Carson performed the first successful hemisphere- ectomy on someone who’s one hemisphere was causing seizures so bad the patient wasn’t expected to survive. When they came out of the sedation they were alert and talking normal and the had a complete recovery with only half a brain.

21 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

The brain has a lot more capacity than you would think. Dr. Ben Carson performed the first successful hemisphere- ectomy on someone who’s one hemisphere was causing seizures so bad the patient wasn’t expected to survive. When they came out of the sedation they were alert and talking normal and the had a complete recovery with only half a brain.

Yeah, but they walked around in circles drooled about a gallon/hour and ran a bicycle forum.

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Kzoo said:

Listen, we all have limited memory.  Experts tell us that we only use 10% of our brain... hogwash.

I know there is just so much space up there and the amount of space seems to be getting smaller every year.  So why would I want to clog that space up with useless crap like my license plate number.  The last time I needed to know my license plate number was, well............... I can't remember.  Just more evidence of useless information.  I do remember that when I have needed to know the number I walked behind the car and.............. there it was.  I think it's still there.

Stack overflow.