Whatever happened to those wheels Square Wheels got?

Randomguy

They are wicked pissa, and I love them.

I haven't had a lot of time on them, and I will never be able to provide the quantifiable report you are looking for.  Unless I put the bike in a wind tunnel with the old then the new wheels, the countless variables make real world testing useless.  Are they faster than the stock wheels, absolutely.  How much? 0.0000001 mph - 3 mph.  Somewhere in that range.  They ride at least as good as the other wheels, are unquantifiably faster, and make my love my bike even more than I did.

They do catch more wind than the stock wheels.  I did a very windy ride on Sunday.  Went about 55 miles.  It was mostly a headwind, so theoretically they wheels helped me.  There was also a little crosswind, and I need to get used to that.  Last year I did a ride along the seacoast and at the top of a hill I got hit by a crosswind that almost knocked me down.  I fear what might have happened with these wheels.

How much? 0.0000001 mph - 3 mph.  Somewhere in that range.  

For me (if I was still riding), it would be closer to the 0.0000001.  I'm not fast enough that new wheels would ever be worth the expense.

Besides, I have proven without a doubt that speed is not my biggest cycling problem.   :(

I haven't had a lot of time on them, and I will never be able to provide the quantifiable report you are looking for.  Unless I put the bike in a wind tunnel with the old then the new wheels, the countless variables make real world testing useless.  

Why do you lie to yourself and us?  Why don't you simply do the logical thing and go out and try to beat a previous personal best (that you rode with the old wheels) on a known course with the new wheels and compare?  There are very variables, yes, but why not try?  Do multiple tests at the same time of the day under similar conditions, anything you need to.

What you have so far is analogous to you, being from Boston and consequently having grown up with no toilet paper, suddenly getting toilet paper and then claiming there is no way to know if your ass is any cleaner because of all the variables (how drunk you are, violent facial tics, earthquakes, etc).

• Heart 1

I think the best way to determine improvements is to ride with someone of your approximate avg speed.  The other rider will go through the same variables as you go through (wind, traffic, etc).  If he was slightly faster than you before and now he is slightly slower, then you know the wheels probably made the difference.

I think the best way to determine improvemnts is to ride with someone of your approximate avg speed.  The other rider will go through the same variables as you go through (wind, traffic, etc).  If he was slightly faster than you before and now he is slightly slower, then you know the wheels probably made the difference.

I do not know of anyone else as slow as I am.