Why Texans Don’t Want Any More Californians

Page Turner

...I guess this comes as no surprise. :(  But I just wanted to assure @jsharr that the chances of me, personally, moving to Texas are down in the tenths of a percentage range. :flirtyeyess:

I mean, it's a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.  And the idea of moving to Idaho, with all those militia guys with mountaintop bunker compounds, scares me to death.:o

18 minutes ago, Page Turner said:

...I guess this comes as no surprise. :(  But I just wanted to assure @jsharr that the chances of me, personally, moving to Texas are down in the tenths of a percentage range. :flirtyeyess:

I mean, it's a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.  And the idea of moving to Idaho, with all those militia guys with mountaintop bunker compounds, scares me to death.:o

My relief is palpable 

I'll move in with the militia guys, eat trout and huckleberries, and enjoy the Idaho life.  It's easy to blend in.  I'm white and all I have to do is stick an American flag in my front yard.  Also, owning a truck will go a long way towards gaining acceptance.  It'll just be assumed I own multiple guns in the house and others stored underneath my car seat. The only downer I see is a ton of pellets in the Boise area is a rip off.

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Further said:

This is nothing new

When I was living in Colorado in the 70's  "Don't Californacate Colorado" was a popular bumper sticker   :welcome:

Yeah Texas isn't the only one who doesn't want them. Californian disdain runs high here.... though I no longer hear it so much now that the tech companies have altered the landscape forever. Californians are no longer responsible for driving up real estate prices. High paying jobs are.

56 minutes ago, Page Turner said:

...I expect California will be named as one of the Corona virus travel ban countries any day now. :(  It's not like we don't deserve it.

Why worry about the cororavirus when you have a flu epidemic? Over the span where 200 people died in China of the coronavirus 211 Californians died of the flu - including 40 in each of the first two weeks of January.  The Flu killed nearly 1700 Californians in 2017-8.  People 65+ are the biggest %age of victims.

image.png.93712a85e55c7d1d667fa889d7f118d6.png