Do you hold a grudge?

Square Wheels

I don't against people, but against companies, definitely.

I bought an expensive Alienware.  I had in an email that I could extend my warranty anytime while it was still covered under the original 1 year warranty.  Dell bought Alienware during that time and said tough luck, no extended warranty for you, we don't care what you have in writing.  I will never buy a Dell again.

I bought a Camry.  It had a couple of issues during the warranty period.  Sunroof would not close, windows buttons sometimes didn't work.  I asked for it to be fixed, they said no.  I wrote Toyota and said fix it or I'll never buy another Toyota.  They said nice knowing you.  A year or so later one of those items was part of a recall and got fixed.  I will never buy another Toyota.

You can read my PayPal saga here.  I will never use PayPal again.

Money talks.

• Heart 3
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Wilbur said:

I always give companies a second chance, never for people though.  Companies change, people don't. 

I have a similar attitude, but the other way around.

Honestly, I was most shocked by the response from Toyota corporate.  I was polite and explained my car was broken and still under warranty.  They did not care.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Square Wheels said:

Honestly, I was most shocked by the response from Toyota corporate.  I was polite and explained my car was broken and still under warranty.  They did not care.

I expected that from Chrysler when I got it back in the 80s, but not from Toyota.

Amazon is about to crumble from my boycott

*plus they are not typically cheapest anymore

Walmart on general principal. Even when Lil Scrapr was employed there. I broke down a few times but the line held

Ohh, and the employee that went out on his own and stole a couple customers. He was a good Christian too

give me some more time & I'm sure I can add to the list

...I mostly don't. But trust is something that is hard to restore once damaged.  I think of "grudges" as more of a "Don't let me see you again or I'll rip out your heart and eat your liver" sort of thing.

For example. I've been divorced twice.  I don't have a grudge against either woman, but I wouldn't marry either of them again. I wish them well in their current lives, though, and would never eat their livers.

There are a few businesses I won't deal with anymore because of bad experiences, but I've never had a problem with a warranty.

When Sears had Craftsman tools, which were guaranteed for life, and Sears refused to replace my brother in law's broken adjustable wrench, I stopped buying Sears tool.

I won't buy Motorola Bluetooth products.  I bought a Motorola Roadster 2 sun-visor Bluetooth answering device for my smartphone.  The battery isn't removable because it "will last for life" - yet the warranty is only 1 year.  After 11 months, the battery wouldn't hold a charge. I invoked the warranty, got the replacement and its battery lasted another 11 months.

I bought a Jabra Freeway Speakerphone to replace the Motorola 3 1/2 years ago and it needs to be recharged about every 3 weeks.

As far as people go, there are people I avoid because they are assholes but it's not so much a "grudge" as despising them.

3 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

There are a few businesses I won't deal with anymore because of bad experiences, but I've never had a problem with a warranty.

When Sears had Craftsman tools, which were guaranteed for life, and Sears refused to replace my brother in law's broken adjustable wrench, I stopped buying Sears tool.

I won't buy Motorola Bluetooth products.  I bought a Motorola Roadster 2 sun-visor Bluetooth answering device for my smartphone.  The battery isn't removable because it "will last for life" - yet the warranty is only 1 year.  After 11 months, the battery wouldn't hold a charge. I invoked the warranty, got the replacement and its battery lasted another 11 months.

I bought a Jabra Freeway Speakerphone to replace the Motorola 3 1/2 years ago and it needs to be recharged about every 3 weeks.

As far as people go, there are people I avoid because they are assholes but it's not so much a "grudge" as despising them.

I think that avoiding people because they are assholes, is very different from holding a grudge.  My examples of that are stopping interactions with the photography club and water works art museum.

• Heart 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

That is baffling, I have always had good experiences with them.