Low heat bill for January

MickinMD

My gas & electric bill for January's use, $329.75, is less than for December's use for the first time since I returned to keeping a spending record in 2013.

It's also the lowest January bill for 2013-20.

But they didn't take the last bill out of my checking account (they've been doing it monthly for decades) and the next bill includes both months bills plus $6.47 in charges - I'm sure it's a late fee.

The office isn't open until Monday.  I hope I'm not catch Square Wheels' bad experiences with companies and that they delete the late charge.

2 hours ago, JerrySTL said:

My gas and electric bill for last month was $4.95. I'm on budget billing and it was the month to even up. Our gas and electricity is about $100 a month on average. 

Say what?!  $4.95?  WTF??  I got through this month for about $40 and feel pretty smug about it.  But if I include my pellet costs for the month then I guess that goes up to about $75. Except I hardly burned any so I'm going out and saying about $55.  That's a heckuva price for January.

• Heart 1

50 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

Gas was 45 last month and electric was 56.  Having a small house is a good thing.

Awesome!  Our electric bill was high for winter this month, somewhere's around $116 I think, gas was $150.  When the gas and electric company send their comparisons, we are usually near the best, I 'spose because there are only two of us and we like to keep it cool in winter. :)  Also because we have a nice new condensing furnace, even though we have shitty windows.

• Heart 2

2 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

Gas was 45 last month and electric was 56.  Having a small house is a good thing.

About the same here. Gas 57, electric 42. And that's with keeping the heat on in the garage 24/7. 

• Heart 1