Slow is the new fast

dinneR

There is joy in slowing down to take like in and enjoy it.

But there's also joy in getting yourself moving and, getting things in order, accomplishing things.

I do too much of the former and not enough of the latter.  I hope to turn it around a little while I've (hopefully) still got a decade or so before significant physical limitations kick-in.

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, Further said:

Human Performance is a training thing at work. One of the catch phrases is "slow down to speed up" It is meant to have you think before you act, but a lot of guy's use it as a reason to loaf for an extra couple minutes....or an hour or two....

Never put off till tomorrow what you can put off till day after tomorrow.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

3 minutes ago, Further said:

Human Performance is a training thing at work. One of the catch phrases is "slow down to speed up" It is meant to have you think before you act, but a lot of guy's use it as a reason to loaf for an extra couple minutes....or an hour or two....

Seriously though when I worked at Pratt and Whitney I was salary and I used to collect a crap ton of grievances from the trades for quickly fixing a test cell problem without bringing them in to do it.  Management told me that if I got any more they would fire me so I made a deal with the trades.  When I fixed a test cell problem I would go down to their shop and tell them to log it in as work they did.  They didn't even have to stop being on break.

• Heart 1

17 minutes ago, Further said:

I bet it drives cops nuts when they are behind someone on a twisty road, with no passing zones,  going exactly the speed limit, cause there's a cop behind them.    :D

Yup, you have no idea how many times I may or may not have said...., out loud..., while in the PC ..., "C'mon coward..., have a little guts."

• Haha 2

One of the talks was in favor of procrastination. It's told by a prescrastinator. He was asked to invest in a company. The founders had procrastinated coming up with a business plan or even a website. They argued about the name of the company.

He chose not to invest. They ended up naming the company Warby Parker. The company is now worth a billion dollars. 

His wife now handles the investments. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1