So this is happening......

Zephyr

9 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

Wow, congrats.

I can only hope she was with her guy for several years before marrying then shortly, pregnancy.  I believe strongly it's important for any couple to enjoy each other for lst few years before lst child.

My wife and I both knew we wanted kids and we took in foster kids about a year after we met. I wouldn’t change a thing.

• Heart 3

1 hour ago, shootingstar said:

Wow, congrats.

I can only hope she was with her guy for several years before marrying then shortly, pregnancy.  I believe strongly it's important for any couple to enjoy each other for lst few years before lst child.

Interesting perspective, very different than my own or my family. Families aren’t complete without the kids and they make the relationship stronger.   So many different cultural and choice norms. Each person should make their own decisions. 

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, shootingstar said:

Wow, congrats.

That is an interesting perspective.  

They are 29 and 27 years old and had talked and decided they wanted at least two kids and therefore were hoping to get pregnant within year one as they both wanted children.

They had been together for over 3 years at the time they got married and had been living together for just over 2 years, so they have had lots of time with just them

• Heart 1

5 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

They are 29 and 27 years old and had talked and decided they wanted at least two kids and therefore were hoping to get pregnant within year one as they both wanted children.

They had been together for over 3 years at the time they got married and had been living together for just over 2 years, so they have had lots of time with just them

:) 

34 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

As Neil Peart said "I will choose Free Will."

Congratulations!

• Heart 2

6 hours ago, Zephyr said:

Got this from my second daughter who got married last August, so apparently come August 2020 I am going to start sleeping with a grandmother

Congratulations…  Yeah it’s great being a grandparent.   

I remember holding my baby grandson in a rocking chair, rocking him to sleep. Years later hiking up Mt Katahdin with him and my wife, just one of many vacations with our grandson. (the ultimate spoiling of a grandson) Now he is 28. 

Yeah, I’ve been a grandpa for 28 years.  One thing, I don’t call my wife grandma.  I did that once…

• Heart 1