A lot of geeks in the pasture today.

Longjohn

2 hours ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

Oliver and now dak shepherd and lake bell found oot that country life has its own rats race. :D

Oh no.  Farming is easy peasy.  You throw out seeds.  They grow.  You harvest it and sell it to make your fortune.  Hardly a bother tall.

Oh it's ralph.................:whistle:

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Dottles said:

I have this fantasy often. But then I remind myself of the four hours I spent bailing hay as a kid.... an impression that has never left.

The big round bales have just about replaced those bales now. Kids don’t want to work. Some farmers like the big square bales because they stack better but they are nothing like the bales you knew. They are somewhere between the size of a couch and the size of a car. Move them and stack them by machine only.

44 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

The big round bales have just about replaced those bales now. Kids don’t want to work. Some farmers like the big square bales because they stack better but they are nothing like the bales you knew. They are somewhere between the size of a couch and the size of a car. Move them and stack them by machine only.

I remember having to throw them up 4 ft. up into a loft. I was a young, strong kid that tied my school in bench pressing so I was no slouch. For days my arm hurt and I got paid $3.50 an hour. I worked 4 hours and made $14 -- and I said screw this.

44 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

All hand labor when I was a kid.  When I started I was too small to lift a bale so I drove the truck.  :P

• Awesome 1