You should all know this

Gump

I used to be a backpacker. Not only do I know that, I  made pizza and desserts with my bakepacker, I used to brew amazing gourmet coffee, better than anything you've ever had, and at camp.

A certain amount of suffering comes with the territory, but I liked to add a little style. I also liked to surprise people with a cup of great coffee or a piece of pizza.

• Heart 1

21 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I have a story to go with this. When they came out with the insulated coveralls type hunting suit, my cousin who always had to have the latest and greatest in hunting equipment bought a bright orange one piece hunting suit with a hood. He told us how great this was, no belt or suspenders needed. They worked out fine until he was a mile from camp and had to take a dump. He stripped off the top part of his coveralls and pulled them between his legs out in front of him. It was freezing cold and windy as heck so he was in a hurry to get Er done. He finished up his business and went to get dressed and discovered he had shit in his hood.

Reminds me of the time I went trout fishing and a guy went into the woods to take a dump. He came back with a large brown “trout “ in the net that hung off his back.

• Haha 3

We had canoed back in to the wilderness, set up a nice camp miles from anyone. I hiked back into the brush to poop away from the water & our campsite. Found a comfortable downed tree to use as a toilet...... 5 feet off an unseen trail.......that a backpacking family came hiking down.......I closed my eyes so they couldn't see me, and pointed up at a tree in case they peeked    :nodhead:

• Heart 1
  • Haha 3

One time we had hiked Mt Katahdin. When we got back to camp I was wiped out. My legs had just stopped working a few times, and when they gave up, I fell straight down like a dropped bag of groceries. We were supposed to backpack a few miles to the next shelter. But the caretaker took pity on us, and lets us stay in an empty shelter. I made pizza, it was just chef boyardee, but I had brought extra herbs and cheese. There were three of us, I took the 4th piece to the ranger that had let us stay.

The rangers at Baxter get paid crap. They live on PB&J and cup of soup.

I'd been married, had some girlfriends, but I'd never made a gal as happy as she was when she saw me with a steaming piece of pizza.

Made her day, and gave me a nice memory.

• Heart 3

4 hours ago, Further said:

We had canoed back in to the wilderness, set up a nice camp miles from anyone. I hiked back into the brush to poop away from the water & our campsite. Found a comfortable downed tree to use as a toilet...... 5 feet off an unseen trail.......that a backpacking family came hiking down.......I closed my eyes so they couldn't see me, and pointed up at a tree in case they peeked    :nodhead:

Bout fell over laughing!!!!!  ? 

• Heart 2