I am a little worried

Airehead

Just now, Kirby said:

It is natural to be worried.  It would be odd if you weren't.  But as a doctor friend told me when my Dad had heart surgery, this is a big deal to the patient and their family, but this is a relatively routine procedure.  But we don't do this every day, so it's natural that we'd be concerned.  But Mr Aire is in much better health than my Dad when he had his surgery and Mr Aire will have all the good vibes from the forum.

Thank you.  I should be counting my blessings but I got distracted 

• Hugs 1

28 minutes ago, Airehead said:

Just dawned on me that they are going to cut through a bunch of the bones that were just wired back together for Mr. Aire. I know I am being ridiculous in my worry but.....

I made arrangements for the vet to keep the dogs if necessary and I will leave a van key for @Couch_Incident just in case. I also talked to our breeder friend in case she needs to come here and watch them. 

I double checked our will. I asked him 50 times how he feels. I really need to settle the heck down. 

we find out Friday how they plan to work around the scar tissue and wires and stuff.  A new valve really shouldn’t be a big deal and I am way less worried about the heart part than the getting to the heart part.   I might need medication if you guys aren’t successful in calming me down. 

I guess I don’t know the whole story but you both are in my prayers. All will be well.

I am guessing the Docs know about all the parts wired together...and unless he is having his surgery done by a med student...they have plenty of experience.  Take some deep breaths ....close your eyes and put it in Gods hands.....try some meditation and/or prayer to help keep calm...and know that you and Mr Aire are in our prayers and vibes....

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Hugs 2

2 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

I am guessing the Docs know about all the parts wired together...and unless he is having his surgery done by a med student...they have plenty of experience.  Take some deep breaths ....close your eyes and put it in Gods hands.....try some meditation and/or prayer to help keep calm...and know that you and Mr Aire are in our prayers and vibes....

^ This, Petite said it better than I could. He survived the plane crash he’s not going to let a little thing like heart surgery get him down. Prayers for the two of you.

• Heart 1

If I tell you to relax, will you?  :)  

Take comfort in the fact that this is a common and successful surgery this days.  If he can have TAVR, recovery is shockingly fast.  My uncle just had it to replace a valve at age 89.  He was up and walking around 2 days later.   They don't all go that way but the vast majority do.  Best to you and Einstein, Aire.   Things will go well and he will be fine and flying again.  

• Heart 1

...I  wouldn't worry too much about them cutting his poor old wired back together bones, but if they do have to crack him open and spread the ribs, he's gonna be pretty damn sore for a while.:mellow: This comes under the category of needless worry, because worrying about it won't change the outcome. Needless worry is non-productive.  I know it's easier to say it than do it, but put your focus on something else.

• Heart 1