Time to pay

Parsnip Totin Jack

We have enjoyed unseasonably warm days in January and February. Starting tonight it will get colder, not enough to snow, but by Friday we will have up to 3” of rain and colder temperatures. :frantics:Drying out Saturday but more moisture is in the forecast for Sunday thru Wednesday.

Just now, Old#7 said:

We have enjoyed unseasonably warm days in January and February. Starting tonight it will get colder, not enough to snow, but by Friday we will have up to 3” of rain and colder temperatures. :frantics:Drying out Saturday but more moisture is in the forecast for Sunday thru Wednesday.

February showers bring March flowers!

• Heart 1

10 minutes ago, Old#7 said:

I’d prefer bike rides but fine, March is only 25 days away. 

Yeah, February can be a mixed bag for riding, but often is okay.  I prefer rain if only because it leaves things rideable once it is gone, whereas snow and ice remain to mess with things.  It's unreasonable for me to get a fat bike or studded tires for such a short riding season, but sometimes I just think I should.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Old#7 said:

We've got the same forecast a state north of you.  I finished a walk with Jake the Golden Doodle Monday around 3:30 pm when it was sunny and 64°.

A few hours later it began to rain and we've had intermittent rain ever since. Friday we're forecast for 3" of heavy rain.

Yesterday, Tuesday, I shopped to make sure I'm stocked up with food, cleaners, soap, etc. - next week is supposed to be sunny with highs in the 50's or upper 40's.  I'm shooting for 3 days of long walks!

I have to say that every time I see "Old #7" and think of Virginia, I think of the song, "The Wreck of the Old 97" that Virginia hillbilly singer Henry Whitter recorded in 1923 and has since been covered by The Seekers, Johnny Cash, Boxcar Willie, and more:

• Heart 1

32 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

I have to say that every time I see "Old #7" and think of Virginia, I think of the song, "The Wreck of the Old 97" that Virginia hillbilly singer Henry Whitter recorded in 1923 and has since been covered by The Seekers, Johnny Cash, Boxcar Willie, and more:

Hey! I may not have all the hairs on my head, but I’ve got all my teeth!

• Heart 1

8 hours ago, Wilbur said:

So far, we haven't had a winter.  Winter, if it arrives, will be very short.  I like that.

I like it a lot. too. If reincarnation is real, I probably lived on the Equator in my last life.

I love the low heat bills and lack of shoveling snow, but I worry about the fruit prices this spring and summer: many trees and vines require a certain amount of freezing temperatures in order to bear the normal amount of fruit.

Some winters, I've become dreary from the freezing and the snow and the sleet, etc. and March 1 has been the date at which I feel I can see the light at the end of Winter's tunnel.  So if it turns cold soon, it won't drag me down because we're so close to March 1, daylight savings time on Mar. 8 in most states, and Spring around midnight on Mar. 19.