Can you keep a secret?

Wilbur

I'm almost sure to tell someone, but there are three cases where I keep my mouth shut. There are three retired people I know who are very, very comfortable financially and regularly ask me about stocks, CD's, Series-I Savings Bonds, taxes, etc. Their questions often involve something they own worth $100,000 or more and represent a small part of their liquid assets. All three make it appear to others that they're getting by ok, but just barely - and I know cases where others picked up restaurant tabs because they thought one of the three couldn't afford it. Still, I can't blame them for playing poor because they'd probably get hit-on for money if people knew the truth. I haven't said a word to anyone about their wealth.

4 minutes ago, Kirby said:

I can keep a secret if I need to, but I prefer people don't tell me things that are really secret.

2 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

I love it when people ask if I can keep a secret and I say no.  They then say, OK, I'll tell you anyhow.

I met @Page Turner and after all these years I have never told anyone that it's a woman!

Bazinga.

On 2/5/2020 at 4:22 PM, MickinMD said:

I'm almost sure to tell someone, but there are three cases where I keep my mouth shut. There are three retired people I know who are very, very comfortable financially and regularly ask me about stocks, CD's, Series-I Savings Bonds, taxes, etc. Their questions often involve something they own worth $100,000 or more and represent a small part of their liquid assets. All three make it appear to others that they're getting by ok, but just barely - and I know cases where others picked up restaurant tabs because they thought one of the three couldn't afford it. Still, I can't blame them for playing poor because they'd probably get hit-on for money if people knew the truth. I haven't said a word to anyone about their wealth.

You know, that's abit selfish that other people pay for their meal if they can clearly afford to pay their own.  (And I'm not referring to their adult children who in my opinion should as courtesy offer to pay a reasonable meal for a parent. After years and years of spending in raising their children.)

I'm sure their meal tab wasn't large.

It’s necessary in my job. I sit at desks with a lot of information sometimes on the PC, sometimes on the desks. I hear conversations of movers and shakers in town. Many are professional. Some are personal. We are HIPAA and securities approved. The fact I can keep my mouth shut has benefited me professionally and personally. 

• Heart 1

...because I worked on the medical records on a nuke sub tender in the Navy, it was required that I have a "Top Secret" clearance.  I told them I would be perfectly happy with just "Secret", but they insisted. I was uncomfortable with that the whole time I carried it. It seemed to me that if some nefarious Kremlin "Red Sparrow" were going to go after people, she'd pick someone with a "Top Secret" clearance.  And I wasn't interested in that:whistle:

• Heart 1