What to do about the crazy lady next door

maddmaxx

You're in a tough spot.

But she just might be in a FAR tougher spot.

Clues: You say she isn't all together.  Meaning she's more likely unable to exist without some help than she's trying to take advantage.  The other clue: she says no one will answer.  Although that could be the people she called just have no patience for her or no desire to help.

The phone numbers are a great start.  You may save yourself a bunch of trouble by following up and making sure she calls.  Also try local churches, they're good at this stuff.

Who knows, Bob could be in the hospital.  Or buried in the basement.  You're gonna have to figger that one out, it's kind of critical in deciding what to do.

There's a real good chance she really needs help, and you're close by.  After she gets her assistance people going, talk to them.  Between their resources and your occasional filling in the gaps, you might be able to keep her warm and fed.  You will feel horrible if she freezes to death because she couldn't get anyone to answer a phone.

@maddmaxx

https://portal.ct.gov/DSS/About-the-Department-of-Social-Services

Deidre can help here...

The Department of Social Services (DSS) delivers and funds a wide range of programs and services as Connecticut’s multi-faceted health and human services agency.  DSS serves about 1 million residents of all ages in all 169 Connecticut cities and towns.  We support the basic needs of children, families, older and other adults, including persons with disabilities.  Services are delivered through 12 field offices, central administration, and online and phone access options.  With service partners, DSS:

• provides federal/state food and economic aid, health care coverage, independent living and home care, social work, child support, home-heating aid, protective services for older adults, and more vital service areas.

• supports the health of nearly 850,000 residents through HUSKY Health (Medicaid & Children’s Health Insurance Program), including medical, dental, behavioral health, prescription medications, long-term services and supports.

• helps nearly 370,000 residents afford food and supports Connecticut’s economy with federally-funded Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program (SNAP).

• has 1,700 dedicated staff led by Commissioner Deidre S.Gifford, MD, MPH.

Locations - https://portal.ct.gov/DSS/About-the-Department-of-Social-Services/Contact

3 hours ago, 12string said:

You're in a tough spot.

But she just might be in a FAR tougher spot.

Clues: You say she isn't all together.  Meaning she's more likely unable to exist without some help than she's trying to take advantage.  The other clue: she says no one will answer.  Although that could be the people she called just have no patience for her or no desire to help.

The phone numbers are a great start.  You may save yourself a bunch of trouble by following up and making sure she calls.  Also try local churches, they're good at this stuff.

Who knows, Bob could be in the hospital.  Or buried in the basement.  You're gonna have to figger that one out, it's kind of critical in deciding what to do.

There's a real good chance she really needs help, and you're close by.  After she gets her assistance people going, talk to them.  Between their resources and your occasional filling in the gaps, you might be able to keep her warm and fed.  You will feel horrible if she freezes to death because she couldn't get anyone to answer a phone.

:scratchhead:

1 hour ago, Kzoo said:

@maddmaxx

https://portal.ct.gov/DSS/About-the-Department-of-Social-Services

Deidre can help here...

The Department of Social Services (DSS) delivers and funds a wide range of programs and services as Connecticut’s multi-faceted health and human services agency.  DSS serves about 1 million residents of all ages in all 169 Connecticut cities and towns.  We support the basic needs of children, families, older and other adults, including persons with disabilities.  Services are delivered through 12 field offices, central administration, and online and phone access options.  With service partners, DSS:

• provides federal/state food and economic aid, health care coverage, independent living and home care, social work, child support, home-heating aid, protective services for older adults, and more vital service areas.

• supports the health of nearly 850,000 residents through HUSKY Health (Medicaid & Children’s Health Insurance Program), including medical, dental, behavioral health, prescription medications, long-term services and supports.

• helps nearly 370,000 residents afford food and supports Connecticut’s economy with federally-funded Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program (SNAP).

• has 1,700 dedicated staff led by Commissioner Deidre S.Gifford, MD, MPH.

Locations - https://portal.ct.gov/DSS/About-the-Department-of-Social-Services/Contact

That's one of the three groups I hooked her up with.  The most important however was a local dept of social services with a specific person to call who is waiting to help her.  That's as far as I'm going to go.  I will not let her in my house nor will I go into hers without many witnesses.  

• Heart 1

53 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

That's one of the three groups I hooked her up with.  The most important however was a local dept of social services with a specific person to call who is waiting to help her.  That's as far as I'm going to go.  I will not let her in my house nor will I go into hers without many witnesses.  

You did the right thing, max.