Forgot to mention that the bulls will be on Main Street on Friday

sheep_herder

1 minute ago, Kirby said:

Wouldn't that be Bucking Horse Sale day? I believe they have a street dance.

As far as I am concerned, the Bucking Horse sale can't hold a candle to the Beef Breeder's sale. This is where the real money is. The Bucking Horse sale is more like a festival or something like that.

4 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

My way is just with no pens and no closed roads. I don’t know what your cocaine-fueled mind interpreted from there!

I am this weird stone cold sober.  Could you imagine the stuff I would post if I was hopped up on coke, or goofballs, or whatever?

2 hours ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

1) why are the bulls in pens?

2) why is the street closed?

So people can look at the bulls, and traffic is stopped so it doesn't bother the bulls and people will not get run over.

Glad you are enjoying the show.  We have been busy feeding and taking care of a new set of twin lambs.  Not sure we'll make it downtown today until after the bull show is over.  Need to go to a family gathering at the funeral home for an old sheep herder at 4:00pm and then on to the VFW for their last fish fry of the year.  I am in now to get a cup of coffee and a bite to eat. Enjoy!!

• Heart 1

6 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Oh, but that’s this year, too!

Sorry should have said until September, but I think what I wrote is what they had in their add in the newspaper.  I'll have to check. Nope, they wrote of the season.  I can always claim sleep deprivation as a cause for errors in typing this time of the year.

• Heart 2

1 hour ago, sheep_herder said:

Sorry should have said until September, but I think what I wrote is what they had in their add in the newspaper.  I'll have to check. Nope, they wrote of the season.  I can always claim sleep deprivation as a cause for errors in typing this time of the year.

A lot of non-profits have fiscal years that are different from calendar years, so it may be the last one for their year.

19 hours ago, sheep_herder said:

Those lanes are strictly for the trucks and trailers delivering the bulls.  Yes, they block off a major highway for the area for this event, just like they do for street dances.  That doesn't happen everywhere in the USA.:rolleyes:

My little town does it once in a while. The latest was for a Christmas thingy.