We almost escaped

Airehead

4 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

It's amazing what a blood spill looks like.  We have 9 - 12 pints of blood, a healthy person could lose about 1/2 of that.  As a cardiac patient, he probably could not lose half and survive.  Even if it spurt across the room or hit the ceiling, it was likely only a few tablespoons.  He'll be fine.

It is not amazing when you have to see how much blood comes out of your uncle when he is stabbed to death in his own kitchen.  Another one of those things I will never forget.  My brother and I had to find a bed spread and cover the spot where my uncle died so my father could come into the house to get what he needed so he could sel the house.  He sold the house, as is, that day and I am pretty sure he will never go back to San Antonio, Texas in this life.

• Sad 4

2 minutes ago, jsharr said:

It is not amazing when you have to see how much blood comes out of your uncle when he is stabbed to death in his own kitchen.  Another one of those things I will never forget.  My brother and I had to find a bed spread and cover the spot where my uncle died so my father could come into the house to get what he needed so he could sel the house.  He sold the house, as is, that day and I am pretty sure he will never go back to San Antonio, Texas in this life.

So very sorry about this.

• Hugs 1

13 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

So very sorry about this.

Thanks.  Left an imprint on me for life.  Could not watch blood/gore movies for a very long time after that.  I have not had to see too much bad stuff in my life, but that ranks right up near the top.  Sorry to rain on the blood spurting thread.

• Hugs 1

Just now, jsharr said:

Thanks.  Left an imprint on me for life.  Could not watch blood/gore movies for a very long time after that.  I have not had to see too much bad stuff in my life, but that ranks right up near the top.  Sorry to rain on the blood spurting thread.

I refuse to watch violent movies.  I tried hard to watch GOT because the nudity was awesome.  I'd imagine this is more than most people will ever have to deal with, make sure to talk about it, or find another way to work through it.  Who cares about my silly comments, yours was real.  hugs...

1 minute ago, Square Wheels said:

I refuse to watch violent movies.  I tried hard to watch GOT because the nudity was awesome.  I'd imagine this is more than most people will ever have to deal with, make sure to talk about it, or find another way to work through it.  Who cares about my silly comments, yours was real.  hugs...

I have dealt with it some by crying and laughing.  It was a shitty weekend all around.  After selling the house in San Antonio, dad wanted to go to Corpus Christi to spread his brother's ashes over their mother's grave.  So we rented a car, loaded up and drove to Corpus.  Got to the grave yard and the wind was swirling as Dad spread the ashes and they ended up blowing back on all of us.  We had to catch a plane back to Dallas, so we all flew home covered in the ashes of my uncle Don. 

Would make a great movie scene, no?

And yeah, I need to work through lots of shit that I keep bottled up inside, demons and voices and images.  Toxic stuff.

Now back to your regularly scheduled drivel.

• Hugs 1