Our poor roundabout

dinneR

When we were out there we noticed numerous places vehicles had gone off the road. I told WoZack when I retire he I’m buying a tow truck and moving there.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Zackny said:

When we were out there we noticed numerous places vehicles had gone off the road. I told WoZack when I retire he I’m buying a tow truck and moving there.

If you can get a NP contract they charge as much as $1000/tow. 

I wonder how much this guy had to pay.

https://buckrail.com/snowmobiles-couldnt-save-him-trucker-rescued-on-beartooth-highway-hauling-sleds/

Snowmobiles couldnât save him: trucker rescued on Beartooth Highway hauling sleds

2 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Maybe your roads department needs to make it hard to hit instead of hard to miss???

I'm not saying that's common sense, but I really think it ought to be :D

Good point. You have to jump a meridian to hit it. At that point you are probably airborne and have shit your pants. 

It is better than the alternative. That intersection was bad before. In the winter you could not see the lanes and if you were in the turn lane, you were a sitting duck. Crossing on a bike was scary as shit. 

We had a fatality at the one near us less than a month after it opened. Kid on a crotch rocket and serious excess speed. Luckily it was the wee hours and he was the only vehicle there. 
The mourning family has placed a flower memorial there and is on a campaign to eliminate roundabouts. I’m sorry they lost a loved one, but that monument to his stupidity makes me want to piss on it then set it on fire.