Well shit! Our lawn guy retaared

Ralphie

I supervised a couple young guys that mowed the steep bank in front of the motel I worked for. They stood at the top and the two of them lowered the push mower down the bank and back up with long ropes. It was a crude method but did a better job and was easier than weed whacking the entire bank.

My lawn guy was stabbed in the belly!

A woman I grew up with, Lauretta, whose mother lives next door to me, has a tenant who is a guy in his 30's and who would cut her mother's yard for $30.  Her mother's lawn mower is often not working or she has no gas, so I showed the guy how to get my mower and/or gas out from under my porch to cut her lawn.

I told him that if my yard is ever overgrown when he's cutting her's, cut mine too and I'll pay him $40 - $20 more if weed whacking is needed.

So whenever I got lazy, my grass still got cut.

Then, my neighbor's yard wasn't getting cut and I saw Lauretta and asked about the guy. "He got stabbed in the stomach in a bar fight. I've been trying to check on how he's doing in the hospital but since I'm not family they won't tell me!"

So, since the mother is almost like a mother to me since childhood, I've cut her grass whenever I cut mine if no one has already cut hers.

The guy eventually recovered but he wasn't well enough last summer to mow any lawns.  Hopefully, he's fully recovered this year!