For About An Hour This Morning

Razors Edge

3 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I was up at 4am and looked outside to see how much snow we had, nothing. When the sun came up I looked out again to see a winter wonderland. It must have came down hard for a couple hours. It’s supposed to keep snowing all weekend.

Yep - the radar shows snow to our north and northwest.  It was a LOT of rain.

Just now, Airehead said:

We had ice at 4:30. Snow by 5. Moment by moment decision about whether or not to close schools. Ended up closing weather is supposed to get worse moment by moment. 

Getting soft up there in the Northern States, eh?  When I was a kid, a snow day was a rare and wonderful event! None of this dithering over should we or shouldn't we nonsense :D The snowflakes are being rope-a-doped by the snowflakes. :whistle:

31 minutes ago, Airehead said:

We had ice at 4:30. Snow by 5. Moment by moment decision about whether or not to close schools. Ended up closing weather is supposed to get worse moment by moment. 

Yay a snow day. When your a kid there is nothing better than an unscheduled snow day. When I was growing up they were not common but when they happened they made our day. :loveshower:

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

6 hours ago, Longjohn said:

Yay a snow day. When your a kid there is nothing better than an unscheduled snow day. When I was growing up they were not common but when they happened they made our day. :loveshower:

I used to love snow days when I was a student and teacher.  Now they cause me great pain and I have never made all the people happy with any decision on a snow day-- not even the blizzard of 2002.

• Hugs 2

I got out of bed and looked out the window at 5:30, snowing lightly ground barely covered. Left the house a few minutes after 6, an inch of wet snow on the road, slicker than snail snot, and coming down hard enough to hamper visibility, low beams only high beams reflected back and blinded me.  :huh:

The Element was a bit squirmy but doing OK. Then the oncoming driver, taking his half of the road right out of the middle. I didn't realize his position till he was too damn close, swerved to avoid him and was sideways on the shoulder for a ways.  :o

Got some pucker power going and putted on in to work with no further drama   :whistle:

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Further said:

I got out of bed and looked out the window at 5:30, snowing lightly ground barely covered. Left the house a few minutes after 6, an inch of wet snow on the road, slicker than snail snot, and coming down hard enough to hamper visibility, low beams only high beams reflected back and blinded me.  :huh:

The Element was a bit squirmy but doing OK. Then the oncoming driver, taking his half of the road right out of the middle. I didn't realize his position till he was too damn close, swerved to avoid him and was sideways on the shoulder for a ways.  :o

Got some pucker power going and putted on in to work with no further drama   :whistle:

Elements are awesome.

• Awesome 1