Take that NY!

Wilbur

I think the problem is that the new NYS law re drivers licenses block the federal govt from accessing the NYS records.   Since that is a part of the vetting process, new applications and renewals won't be processed.  But current registrations last until their expiration.

• Heart 2

17 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

That's stupid.  New York City residents should all be taken to the vet.

Suburban philly people used to go to the Vet all the time before they demoed it. You Norkers only came down once in a while to see the Giants play.  Or Jets maybe?  I once froze my tuckus off at a giants game. Cold, wind, and shade made it miserable. Not my thing! 

• Haha 1

Actually there is a much broader issue here, and with New York having way too many lawyers expect will be challenged under "Equal Protection" if nothing else. Think about it. It adversely affects all those who bring in SS card, Passport of other approved photo ID, utility bills documenting residence, and every other required document and they are denied  service that their counterparts in other States receive. Pass the popcorn, please.

Now that I think of it...

If I fly into one of the NY airports that would be considered 'arriving home' for New Yorkers, Global Entry/Mobile Passport line will be even shorter as New Yorkers are re-routed to the standard overcrowded Customs entry lines. Now if the could just do  something about TSA-Precheck which is missing at the remote mini TSA unit outside Customs as you need to pass through to enter the airport for connecting flights. They (understandably) don't rely on the foreign inspection for the plane you just arrived on. Oh, and that bottle of water they gave you on the plane...you better drink it because it is not making it through TSA.

4 hours ago, Tizeye said:

Global Entry/Mobile Passport line will be even shorter as New Yorkers are re-routed to the standard overcrowded Customs entry lines.

I had interpreted that these services would not exist in NY airports, not that they wouldn’t be available for NY residents but available to all others. Did I misunderstand?

1 minute ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

I had interpreted that these services would not exist in NY airports, not that they wouldn’t be available for NY residents but available to all others. Did I misunderstand?

Yup, I guess I did. NY residents won’t be able to enroll or reenroll, but they’ll honor current active members

Screw Global Entry.  If people like me who have had security clearances, developed the fuel synthetic processes for U.S. rocket weapons, who have had multiple civic awards, served on local governmental bodies and have NO criminal convictions don't automatically get Global Entry for free instead of $250, then let everyone else stand in line like me, especially the approved: Mexican Citizens, Columbian Citizens, Singapore Citizens,Panama Citizens, UK Citizens with a UK government access code, German Citizens who are members of EasyPass, South Korean Citizens who are members of the SES program, Swiss Citizens who have consent from the Swiss Federal Police.

2 hours ago, MickinMD said:

Screw Global Entry.  If people like me who have had security clearances, developed the fuel synthetic processes for U.S. rocket weapons, who have had multiple civic awards, served on local governmental bodies and have NO criminal convictions don't automatically get Global Entry for free instead of $250, then let everyone else stand in line like me, especially the approved: Mexican Citizens, Columbian Citizens, Singapore Citizens,Panama Citizens, UK Citizens with a UK government access code, German Citizens who are members of EasyPass, South Korean Citizens who are members of the SES program, Swiss Citizens who have consent from the Swiss Federal Police.

TSA doesn't give a crap about accomplishments.  Just fingerprints and background checks.  Some may view a guy with a chemistry background a bigger threat. :)