Dinner...will be late

petitepedal

2 hours ago, petitepedal said:

Making a new pizza crust and a new pizza...the suggest cooking it in cast iron on the stove as well sa with the broiler...I am not so sure cos I have no way to transfer my made pizza to the skillet :dontknow:

Brussels sprouts and BACON found it somewhere on line 

Sounds like a balsamic reduction drizzle would be a good touch to counter the Brussels.  :) 

• Awesome 1

Making a new pizza crust and a new pizza...the suggest cooking it in cast iron on the stove as well sa with the broiler...I am not so sure cos I have no way to transfer my made pizza to the skillet :dontknow:

I was going to bake chicken thighs seasoned with Weber BBQ Rub and make, for the first time, Polish Haluski as the side dish (fried cabbage, egg noodles, and onions). My cousin Eleanor, the master Polish cook in the family, taught me all the little tricks - mainly cutting the cabbage in small chunks and steaming it a just a little to begin softening it before frying in butter with the other stuff.

But this past week I asked to carry out 3 dark meat pieces of KFC Chicken and one piece was a big, dry breast.  I saved half the breast, so dinner tonight was Nissan Ramen Noodles, with a couple ounces of frozen veggies for soup thrown in plus that half a breast.

Haluski tomorrow and I make extra plus two extra thighs for a quick-nuked meal Sunday or Monday.

• Heart 1

I love brussels sprouts and even grow them in my veggie garden most years, though I haven't tried them on pizza. Interesting choice. Bacon works with almost everything!

1 minute ago, Wilbur said:

I like that petite cooks well for herself.  I think it is the hardest thing to do as a single.  

I agree - my wild sister always made a nice meal even when it was just her eating it. 

• Heart 1

On 2/7/2020 at 7:15 PM, petitepedal said:

Naturally I put on more cheese than called for...Mmmmm Cheese

20200207_200948.jpg

I normally make pizza when dearie is around.  

Mine here in the new year earlier last month.  Dearie was escastic:  I hadn't made one for past um.....3 yrs. I also made a dessert one with fresh berries, drizzled with honey, sprinkled with aniseed and cinnamon.

908371982_sundriedtomato.JPG.fb7ea5c05610ab978245e860b1ed0719.JPG

• Heart 1

6 hours ago, late said:

You got a recipe for that?

That looks kinda awesome.

Take pizza dough (either bought or made with flour, water, yeast and pinch of sugar when you add yeast to lukewarm water to feed the yeast).

After punching pizza dough several times after it rises, allow it to rise for another 1/2 hr.

Then roll out or press out dough thin onto cookie sheet pan. Embed with rehydrated sundried tomatoes, fresh basil (or fresh thyme), Kalamata olives, diced onions, minced garlic and can add sliced fresh tomatoes, fresh red peppers...  Put into preheated oven 475 degrees F for 15-25 min. Just check it periodically.

The dessert result is on this blog post... with any of fresh blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, even mango slices or lichti halves...embed minced ginger root, crushed aniseed, drizzle with honey and sprinkle with cinnamon. Pop into oven.  https://cyclewriteblog.wordpress.com/2011/06/20/kicking-up-schiacciata-con-l’uva-grape-focaccia-my-way-with-ginger-root-and-spices/   The dessert one is my recipe...Asian fusion and whatever. Fresh seedless grapes also work. :) 

spacer.png