Screw bicycles...............

maddmaxx

2 hours ago, Rattlecan said:

That would be GPM, not MPG.

Actually it doesn't use gasoline.  The class has different fuel sources.  The Supercharged and turbocharged cars use methanol while only the nitrous cars use racing gasoline.  Indications are that this might be a supercharged car.  :whistle:

• Heart 3
  • Awesome 1

I decided I’m too old for anything with too much power. My son had me drive his car to the grocery store and I had him drive it on the way back home. I would have loved it when I was twenty, or thirty, or forty. For what it’s worth I was driving unfamiliar roads in Louisiana and a lot of crazy traffic.

F8371861-F8B2-4FB8-A879-C97A742401DC.thumb.jpeg.1728fa45abb42056ea464c442d07e534.jpeg

• Heart 1

20 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I decided I’m too old for anything with too much power. My son had me drive his car to the grocery store and I had him drive it on the way back home. I would have loved it when I was twenty, or thirty, or forty. For what it’s worth I was driving unfamiliar roads in Louisiana and a lot of crazy traffic.

F8371861-F8B2-4FB8-A879-C97A742401DC.thumb.jpeg.1728fa45abb42056ea464c442d07e534.jpeg

Sad but almost true.  Some of my former cars would probably stop my heart today.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Longjohn said:

I decided I’m too old for anything with too much power

There's a reason why 4 of my motorcycles are for racing  (track use only) and my street bike is a 43 year old Harley. 

9 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

For the techs, this type car uses a screw type supercharger.

Image result for roots type supercharger

The Roots type is what was used as a scavenging blower on two stroke Detroit Diesels. The blower from the 6-71 Detroit became a popular choice on the drag circuit.

One of the downsides for the diesel application was that if the oil seal let go on the drive unit, the engine would feed on it's own oil, and run away un-governed until it self destructed. 

That's why there was an emergency shut down to close off the air intake in case of such an event.

• Awesome 2

11 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

Actually it doesn't use gasoline.  The class has different fuel sources.  The Supercharged and turbocharged cars use methanol while only the nitrous cars use racing gasoline.  Indications are that this might be a supercharged car.  :whistle:

Blowers and nitrous do not play well together.