Grub hub

Airehead

9 hours ago, ChrisL said:

Probably, I’m in a pretty large city in SoCal.  My son & his GF sometimes have food delivered but not sure which service they use.  The food deliveries at work are continual.

Now this is one place I can understand the food delivery model.  At home though I'd rather just cook, or if that is unattractive on any given day, go to the restaurant and eat the food there.

• Heart 2

10 minutes ago, Airehead said:

True. Anyone have any of these?

My daughters both use Uber Eats.  My brother has opened a cyber restaurant in Vancouver specifically for Uber Eats.   It is not dine in and does not have a store front.  Just a commercial kitchen that produces the food from 8 restaurants for Uber Eats delivery.  

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

My daughters both use Uber Eats.  My brother has opened a cyber restaurant in Vancouver specifically for Uber Eats.   It is not dine in and does not have a store front.  Just a commercial kitchen that produces the food from 8 restaurants for Uber Eats delivery.  

The owners of the restaurant my sons GF worked at closed their doors and are opening a catering company centered around food delivery companies.  Interesting to see how it works out.

I never used any of those services. I generally drive myself if I’m hankering something I don’t cook myself.

• Heart 1

I had never looked at Grub Hub, and now I wish I hadn't. I used to be out of delivery range for all the places (like pizza) that used to be what was available.

Grub Hub has dozens of places, places I'd never even heard of (this area has hundreds of restaurants, we really do punch above our weight class for restaurants).

Now I am hungry from looking at menus, and my fingers are twitchy, first order has free delivery.

Get back, you vile demon of temptation!!

• Heart 2
  • Hugs 1

I haven't tried, but I doubt it.  The nearest pizza, Chinese and deli all deliver to my condo complex, but I don't think I've ever had them deliver. I tend to think it will be faster if I just go pick up.

• Heart 2

23 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Yes. Just looked it up  44 places for me to choose from it appears. 

200+ from home, 1,500+ from my office. Seems like that's overkill, since there is no way I can eat that much food nor could I narrow down my choices :( 

• Heart 1

My one brother uses all these ridiculous things, and I give him some shit about it.  But he loves not having to leave the house when he is hungry (I call him lazy).

He also used to use Instacart for his grocery shopping.  His wife would order the groceries and they'd get picked and delivered ASAP.  He used it for quite a while. UNTIL(!) the one day the delivery person left the store receipt with the delivered groceries. Rule #1 for Instacart is NEVER give the customer the store receipt (they get the Instacart receipt).  When his wife saw the difference between what they paid vs what the groceries cost, her head exploded :) 

I still see it likely they go back to Instacart/similar eventually because they really are lazy :D

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1