My missing $100 turned up

MickinMD

I've been waiting since April for a $100 check.  Now I'm supposed to get it plus another for $64.  Yay, I'm rich!

Last April, after a guy fooling around on his cell phone ran into the back of my car while I was stopped at a red light (mostly a fender-bender), I chose -for convenience and reliability- to go through my State Farm insurance instead of his Progressive insurance to process everything.  I had to pay my $100 deductible toward fixing my car until Progressive reimbursed State Farm for the whole thing.  Through the end of 2019, I kept getting strange and conflicting letters about the progress toward that reimbursement.

So I've been waiting for that $100 since April. Talked to Progressive today and they said State Farm had my $100 but Progressive is sending me a check: reimbursing me for the $64 the I paid toward a week's car rental while my car was being fixed - plus I had an airbag recall taken care of (an excellent 2019 Subaru Forester).  Called St. Farm and was told they sent a $100 check I didn't get and will send a new check.

Hopefully, the end of an episode.

• Heart 1

59 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

I'd switch to something like USAA or similar if you can.  That rope-a-dope stuff is BS, and if State Farm feels like that was the correct way to handle the situation (holding your $100), then they're not really in your corner are they?

1 hour ago, MickinMD said:

I've been waiting since April for a $100 check.  Now I'm supposed to get it plus another for $64.  Yay, I'm rich!

Last April, after a guy fooling around on his cell phone ran into the back of my car while I was stopped at a red light (mostly a fender-bender), I chose -for convenience and reliability- to go through my State Farm insurance instead of his Progressive insurance to process everything.  I had to pay my $100 deductible toward fixing my car until Progressive reimbursed State Farm for the whole thing.  Through the end of 2019, I kept getting strange and conflicting letters about the progress toward that reimbursement.

So I've been waiting for that $100 since April. Talked to Progressive today and they said State Farm had my $100 but Progressive is sending me a check: reimbursing me for the $64 the I paid toward a week's car rental while my car was being fixed - plus I had an airbag recall taken care of (an excellent 2019 Subaru Forester).  Called St. Farm and was told they sent a $100 check I didn't get and will send a new check.

Insurance company <snort>.