Why?

Wilbur

Why do people feel the need to unload when you haven't seen them since their divorce? 

Leaving the doctors office, I bumped into a friends ex.  I haven't seen nor heard of her in 15 years.  My friend has long moved on but clearly she, although remarried, has not. 

Yet, after the niceties, out come the knives and she does a 10 minute rant on everything she hated about my friend. 

I fail to see the point.  

• Sad 1

I don't know, but I agree people need to STFU. I wonder if either they have no one to vent to, or they like bringing up past shit, or both. A good friend of mine vents shit about his job...a lot. He bitches about the same shit same people, different day :wacko: Sometimes I feel the need for a drink having listened to it. He'll then tell me "your company probably doesn't operate like this". My response is, we're not perfect, but I don't talk about work. My reasons are this. Nobody will understand the intricacies of my job, nor do they give a f*ck, or want to here it. Now let's talk about something simple...like religion's place in politics :D

• Haha 2

...there are just a lot of angry people wandering around. I was leaving the haircut place this morning, and this woman is reading on her phone, walking along the sidewalk in front of the place. So I pause at the door to let her pass me. She finishes reading whatever it is, and starts a clearly audible stream of invective about "you fucking ...., etc. etc." I'm headed for my car, and right behind her all the way as she lets loose a continuing stream of angry. audible monologue to no one in particular.

I was relieved I had paused to let her go by. :) 

• Heart 2

A friend of mine just posted on Facebook that she is in a new relationship. She has been posting pictures of her new love. He is a big mean looking black guy body builder. The problem is she is married to a really nice guy. I thought it was some kind of bad joke or early April fools trick. Her husband posted that he is looking for recommendations for a good divorce lawyer. This is the couple that accompanied me on my 70 mile birthday ride last September. They have been married less than five years and seemed happy. She posted in the middle of the night last night that she was having trouble sleeping on the couch.

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Page Turner said:

...there are just a lot of angry people wandering around. I was leaving the haircut place this morning, and this woman is reading on her phone, walking along the sidewalk in front of the place. So I pause at the door to let her pass me. She finishes reading whatever it is, and starts a clearly audible stream of invective about "you fucking ...., etc. etc." I'm headed for my car, and right behind her all the way as she lets loose a continuing stream of angry. audible monologue to no one in particular.

I was relieved I had paused to let her go by. :) 

You lost me at haircut.

#hippy

• Heart 1

I know a bunch of different people going through divorces now, and even though they all are in tough circumstances, they are doing a good job maintaining the high road.  Even under trying situations.  In one case, he won't work and they can't afford 2 places, so rather than continue fighting, she moved in with us.  Another took a job halfway across the country, she had to wait a couple months for school to end so their daughter could finish the school year and move out there in time to meet his girlfriend.  She does post on FB, sometimes to vent but never mean about it.  Another had to get restraining orders, is constantly getting harrassed, called into court for things the judges throw out, but other than a few people, everyone just thinks it was an amicable break.  Then there were others that I had to just get away from the anger

1 minute ago, Page Turner said:

...some of the early reviews:

"This guy doesn't know me, but he does know shit."  Jack Schitt

"Incredible insight and knowledge. The author has penned a 21st Century equivalent of "A Discourse on the Method".  S.K.Puppet

"Meh." Kzoo. 

Nailed it!

• Heart 1

8 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Why do people feel the need to unload when you haven't seen them since their divorce? 

Leaving the doctors office, I bumped into a friends ex.  I haven't seen nor heard of her in 15 years.  My friend has long moved on but clearly she, although remarried, has not. 

Yet, after the niceties, out come the knives and she does a 10 minute rant on everything she hated about my friend. 

I fail to see the point.  

I think after a minute or two, I'd have just smiled and said, "Ok, ok. I get it. Was nice seeing you." And start walking away. I don't have time for that bullshit. 

• Heart 1

Michel de Nostredame's success rate has been perfect in hindsight. This is mostly due to the fact that he wrote his predictions in a mixture of his native French, Greek, Italian, Latin, and Provençal and kept them so vague that they can be shoehorned to fit nearly any set of events.

Is this the comparison you wanted?

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, maddmaxx said:

Michel de Nostredame's success rate has been perfect in hindsight. This is mostly due to the fact that he wrote his predictions in a mixture of his native French, Greek, Italian, Latin, and Provençal and kept them so vague that they can be shoehorned to fit nearly any set of events.

Is this the comparison you wanted?

...I always strive for perfection in prognostication.

The reviews continue to be outstanding:

"This is a bunch of shit for the price."    Amanda Reckonwith

"If you've got questions, he's got answers." R. Dios Hack

"A plea for sanity in a world of madness." Sy Kosis

• Haha 1