Tell me about your favourite wallet.

Wilbur

I have a favorite wallet for at home and one for travel.  My home wallet is an old fashioned "french purse" with two sections for bills, a lot of credit card slots that are useful for various insurance cards, store cards, shuttle cards etc, and a big change area.  When I travel I have a much more slimmed down wallet, but still like two bill compartments and enough credit card slots.  Don't care about change part of a wallet when I travel.

• Heart 2

I've been using this Ridge wallet now for a few years and love it :) I was looking for a thin, simple, no frills wallet and came across this one in an internet search. Little pricey, but worth it IMO. Last wallet ever. The only other person who I know that has one is my LBS owner.

The-Ridge-Wallet-Hands-On-Review-Hero-10

• Heart 2

4 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

I've been using this Ridge wallet now for a few years and love it :) I was looking for a thin, simple, no frills wallet and came across this one in an internet search. Little pricey, but worth it IMO. Last wallet ever. The only other person who I know that has one is my LBS owner.

The-Ridge-Wallet-Hands-On-Review-Hero-10

I'm thinking of one of those for the next wallet. How is it to sit on?

Wallet shopping used to be so easy.  Go to the mall and hit the menswear department of the major department stores and also check out Bag and Baggage, Wilson's Leather and Things Remembered.  If you could not find a wallet at Sanger Harris, or Lord and Taylor or Sears, you really did not need a wallet.

• Heart 3

One year at Chrstmas time after my workout the owner of the fitness center was buying drinks for people. He pulled out his wallet to pay for the drinks and he had a duck tape wallet. This is the wealthiest person I have ever known. I went home and made one but I didn’t like the one I made. I use a leather bi-fold with lots of slots for cards.

• Heart 3

I recently got a Swiss Gear bifold wallet but there is no cash sleeve so it’s considerably smaller than a traditional wallet.  It has a clear plastic bit to put your ID behind and then several card sleeves on either side.

As I rarely carry cash I really like it. Also, it’s so small it fits neatly in a jersey pocket.  Before I would take my ID, ATM & Insurance card out of my wallet for each ride.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, jsharr said:

Wallet shopping used to be so easy.  Go to the mall and hit the menswear department of the major department stores and also check out Bag and Baggage, Wilson's Leather and Things Remembered.  If you could not find a wallet at Sanger Harris, or Lord and Taylor or Sears, you really did not need a wallet.

Amazon baby...

I own 5 different credit cards I regularly use to max. my cash-back some other credit card-sized loyalty cards and membership cards plus a drivers license & insurance card, a lifetime park admission card, fishing license, health insurance cards, etc.

So I need a wallet with a lot of slots/pockets for them, as well as a window for drivers license and some hidden slots for a park admission card, fishing license, health insurance cards, etc. A small zippered pocket helps to hold things like a tiny eyeglasses screwdriver kit.

The one below fits the needs and I like it so much: it's like a bifold wallet where the one side has a side-flip additional side.  I order a new one every couple years  and I keep an extra new one in a drawer in case they stop selling them - and I can't find it anymore.  A store called "Gem Avenue" in Charlotte, NC, sold them at various online places like Amazon, but no more.  I list two similar but more expensive ones below which I've put on my Amazon wish list for when mine wear out:

1776873861_Wallet-Tri-Fold15cardsAmazon9.992018_11_10.thumb.JPG.f14962806d72b7d31275291c5fab9505.JPG

1092825181_Wallet-Trifold2IDwindowside-flipAmazon.thumb.JPG.e557b6312d44f804dbaa20617fd272c3.JPG

1436343201_Mt.EstonTrifoldWallet.thumb.jpg.ba3c057aa2970a52d40e78cf3de22347.jpg

• Heart 1

Bi-fold, nylon wallet by Eagle Creek.  It has lasted well over the years.  I have a small bi-fold leather card holder that I carry in a front pocket for important cards, etc., and it is easy to carry when cycling. I think it is custom made from bison or cattle hide.  It is getting a bit worn, and I need a new one.  However, all the new ones I see are fancier and not as tough as I like.  I sweat a lot, so they need to last, just like my watch bands.

• Heart 1

49 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

A small zippered pocket helps to hold things like a tiny eyeglasses screwdriver kit safety flares, cutting torch in case I lock myself out, personal flotation device, Swiss Army knife, MRE (only one day supply) and emergency poncho.

FIFY.  Why don’t you just get a backpack to carry your stuff?  Or a man purse?

• Haha 2

On 2/10/2020 at 1:57 PM, bikeman564™ said:

How tough is it to pick out the right card?