Tell; me about your favorite waffle

jsharr

I use to enjoy the pecan waffle at the Waffle House in Fort Collins, CO.  Had to be careful though, as eating it and then hopping in the truck and heading down the road home, did not do much for maintaining low blood glucose.  It may have been different, if I'd run a mile before heading home.  I've not eaten a waffle in a long while.

• Heart 4

Just now, ChrisL said:

Oh man nobody mentioned stroopwaffel’s. They are absolutely the bomb from a street vendor, fresh & hot.  The packaged ones you can get here don’t do them justice.

You just did.  And you helped bolster my assertion that the waffle is the most versatile breakfast food.  Who ever heard of stroopfrenchtoast or strooppancakes?  No one, that is who.

Bite me @Kzoo

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, petitepedal said:

I just saw a recipe for savory waffles...sounded kinda good

In Holland the pancakes are served both savory & sweet.  My cousin took us to this pancake restaurant for dinner when we were in Holland.  We were thinking ok breakfast for dinner, cool.  Yeah no... They are large and you only get one with savory gravy/sauces & meats mixed in & on the side.

Freaking tasty.

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, ChrisL said:

In Holland the pancakes are served both savory & sweet.  My cousin took us to this pancake restaurant for dinner when we were in Holland.  We were thinking ok breakfast for dinner, cool.  Yeah no... They are large and you only get one with savory gravy/sauces & meats mixed in & on the side.

Freaking tasty.

Do they make waffles?  

1 minute ago, jsharr said:

You just did.  And you helped bolster my assertion that the waffle is the most versatile breakfast food.  Who ever heard of stroopfrenchtoast or strooppancakes?  No one, that is who.

Bite me @Kzoo

That salted caramel waffle you posted is pretty close in flavor profile to a stroopwaffel.  The waffles are much thinner with a layer of caramel sauce between them.  

3 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

That salted caramel waffle you posted is pretty close in flavor profile to a stroopwaffel.  The waffles are much thinner with a layer of caramel sauce between them.  

How about a chicken bacon waffle?

Fried chicken breast & crispy bacon served on a stack of Belgian waffles, topped with fresh strawberries, whipped cream & cream puffs

o.jpg

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Do they make waffles?  

I’m sure they do but I have never seen them like how we serve them.  Stroopwaffels are super thin with small shallow squares.  Panakoeken are a thing in Holland and they have restaurants dedicated to them.  They are served on a huge plate, like a 14” plate and they are a little thinner but fill that big plate.

They eat them as a meal and as a dessert.