Out with the flounder.

donkpow

The analysts are projecting a one year price target less than what I paid for it. Contrast that with a price target 500% higher in one year for a biotech company I hold.

Not that I believe the biotech stock will climb that high but the lack of projected growth in the mfr stock is just another chink in its armour. 

3 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

IMO Chinese stocks are going to tank.  I got a package from Hong Kong yesterday that I won't even bother opening for another week.  That's with Hong Kong being far far more ahead in controlling the virus than the PRC.

I was resisting China on principle before the trade war talks. Sold out on my small position in a Chinese transport company thereafter. I doubt I'll buy back in.

8 minutes ago, donkpow said:

I was resisting China on principle before the trade war talks. Sold out on my small position in a Chinese transport company thereafter. I doubt I'll buy back in.

You could keep an eye on when it bottoms out.  I suspect that this virus will seriously delay China's ascendency to the top of the economic pile.  Just as when US companies lost customers (many who would not return) China is going to be losing customers to other sources.

Just my opinion and I slept here last night.

• Heart 1

I've never lost money investing.  For a long time I was just S&P 500 index funds and a long term bond fund.  About 5 years ago, I hit a point where I had enough assets that I felt comfortable to buy individual stocks.  I bought about $20,000 of MSFT.  I've had bad weeks and bad months but I'm pretty far ahead.   

1 hour ago, maddmaxx said:

IMO Chinese stocks are going to tank.  I got a package from Hong Kong yesterday that I won't even bother opening for another week.  That's with Hong Kong being far far more ahead in controlling the virus than the PRC.

Did you mean PRI?  I think Wuhan Flu is related to PRI?  Dr. Rand Omguy can probably tell us.