Do these scams really work?

maddmaxx

16 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

I just got a "suspicious activity" call about my Apple I Card.

Is there really an Apple I Card?

My mother fell for one.  Gave away credit card info, personal info etc.  It took a long time to sort it out.   I get calls all the time from Visa about numerous charges made to my card overnight.  I ask "Which bank is the card associated with?'  That ends in them hanging up. :) 

• Heart 1

58 minutes ago, donkpow said:

I receive warnings that the extended warranty on my automobile is about to expire and I need to renew to prevent a price increase. 

I don't own an automobile.

I just answered a call from someone with the same message. It sounded like a real person and they spoke English very well. I hope it was just a recording because I really did laugh out loud as I disconnected.

i normally don’t answer the phone unless I know who is calling but I have so many medical people calling me these days from all kind of locations that I need to answer the phone to find out.

1 hour ago, donkpow said:

I receive warnings that the extended warranty on my automobile is about to expire and I need to renew to prevent a price increase. 

I don't own an automobile.

Did you sell it after they took your license away?  Or just lose it when you could not remember where you parked at the mall?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Allen said:

I cussed one as a thief yesterday. He started quite angrily saying I was going to be arrested if I did not buy the IRS a gift card. 

I got an email this week from the fed warning about all the misrepresentations. I don't need to worry about that as I don't respond to the fed until the subpoenas fly.

• Haha 1